By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - *Mass Effect 2 Or Homefront?*

I am thinking about buying somebody a PS3 game and need help picking what one.

I lowered it to 2 games...Mass Effect 2 and Homefront.

Examples of PS3 games they enjoyed:

Modern Warfare 2__Black Ops__Metal Gear Solid 4__God Of War 3__Fallout 3__Fallout New Vegas__LittleBigPlanet(1)(2 not as much)

He also enjoyed vehicle Shooters such as in Halo which is why I am considering Homefront. Also, he enjoyed Fallout which is why Mass Effect 2.

Around the Network

if he has black ops then why homefront. if hes addicted he wont move on.

if he doesnt play black ops on a regular basis get him homefront. if not then me2.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Hmmm...sounds like Homefront might be the better choice.  Does he play his FPS games more?  If so then definitely Homefront.

If you are considering an  FPS why not KZ3?  The game is Really Amazing.    If not MASS EFFECT 2 then.

ME2 = MASTERPIECE

Mass effect 2 and fallout 3 have nothing in common. If he liked Fallout 3 then he should get New Vegas. Or Bioshock 1 and/or 2.

Mass effect 2 is more like Gears of war/Dead Space so if he likes any of those games then get him Mass effect 2.

I honestly know nothing about Homefront, but I think its going to be a corridor shooter like Call of Duty, so he may like it.

(Chances are he will like Mass effect 2, since he liked MGS 4.)

Around the Network

WTF kind of question is this 0_o

ME2 is your only option.

I'd say Mass Effect 2 but seeing the kind of games he likes both seem good choices. I flip a coin at times 

hmmmmmmm

Do you choose,

A game which has broke records and has over 160 game of the year awards and has a potential 50 hour campaign (Mass Effect 2)

Or

A game which has proved nothing new to the over used FPS genre and has a 5 hour campaign! (homefront)

Dudei'm  sorry for the sarcasm but honestly Mass Effect 2 is a far superior game and you could pick it up for half the price as Homefront. you will love the game it's awesome.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Imo, better 2 options would be ME2 or Killzone 3 (of course I haven't played Homefront yet, but haven't heard about it doing all that much different from other fps with online multi) . If he likes online multiplayer, go with KZ3. First fps multiplayer I've ever enjoyed - really solid.

If he's not all that into fps multiplayer, and likes other game genres better, definitely go with ME2. I don't like RPG's yet I'm still tempted to pick ME2 up sometime bc of how good I've heard it is. Has gotten much, much praise, and seems like it's an incredible game.

Mass Effect 2.