By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Good to see Wii doing very well. Wonder what games Nintendo will release before E3.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Metallicube said:

Not bad for Wii. In a virtual tie with 360 despite the amazing Kinect. And PS3 is only outselling it by a small amount, which is mainly because of it being available in more markets.

Is has nothing to do with the constant stream of exclusive titles released thus far this year?

If so then SONY was right all along, in that they do not need games in order to sell PS3's

The bolded is the key word. Obviously games are what sells consoles. And PS3 has certainly recieved more great games than Wii recently. In fact I'm surprised that Wii is receiving the sales it is considering its pitiful releases so far this year.

What I meant is that PS3 being in more markets gives it that slight edge in EMEAA, and it seems that if PS3 were available in the same markets as Wii, the consoles would currently be much closer, or Wii may have the slight advantage. No big deal.

Ghutto said:

Sorry but the 3DS has sold in 2 days more than 370k, 209 in the rest of the week. So it's not 209k in the week. Is much more.

Pretty much every 3DS that gets shipped to Japan gets sold right away...Nintendo is having a hard time keeping up with demand.

thismeintiel said:

I wonder if we are still slightly undertracking the PS3 and Wii every week.  Can't wait for financial reports.  Not too far away.  Either way, good numbers for all. 

Also, is there any possibility of the PSP being undertracked in Americas?  I would have thought a price drop from $169.99 to $129.99 would have raised it alittle more than just 10K.  Maybe not.  Sony should really drop the price equally around the globe.  With the NGP coming out this holiday, now would be the time.

Why would that be? Last quarter, VGC was more or less spot on with PS3 and I think, after the massive adjustments that took place before the holidays for it, that's a trend that's here to stay. The Wii, on the other hand, was overtracked rather substantially so I really can't see it being randomly undertracked this time.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

lbp2 passed a millon. Killzone 2 sales continue to be a letdown for me personally. 

Around the Network
Immortal said:
thismeintiel said:

I wonder if we are still slightly undertracking the PS3 and Wii every week.  Can't wait for financial reports.  Not too far away.  Either way, good numbers for all. 

Also, is there any possibility of the PSP being undertracked in Americas?  I would have thought a price drop from $169.99 to $129.99 would have raised it alittle more than just 10K.  Maybe not.  Sony should really drop the price equally around the globe.  With the NGP coming out this holiday, now would be the time.

Why would that be? Last quarter, VGC was more or less spot on with PS3 and I think, after the massive adjustments that took place before the holidays for it, that's a trend that's here to stay. The Wii, on the other hand, was overtracked rather substantially so I really can't see it being randomly undertracked this time.

They could be spot on or overtracking or undertracking by a small amount in March.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Sony are in a great position, selling the most of the home consoles, and a steady stream of games still coming. NA numbers are what are surprising me for the PS3, even stronger than EMEAA at the moment, and the difference in Japan is really making a difference week to week.

Fantastic numbers for Kinect, it's been MS's biggest success this generation in my opinion.

Killzone 3 and LBP2 are slightly dissapointing, I can understand LBP, it's a game that many perhaps considered did not need a direct sequel, but Killzone 3 is just poor. However, PS3 exclusives often have great legs, so they both may do well in the long run, it's too early to comment on their success really.

Killzone 3 might no be selling as well as people expected but it's definetly a system seller!

Little big planet 2 is doing horribly according to me, GT5 and Reach are also doing fine!

The PSP didn't get much of a boost despite the price drop.