By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Alan Wake has hit 1 million sales

game was alright and I don't think it was that expensive to make.. besides isn't remedy only made up of 50 staff ?  not like MASS EFFECT with over 200 people working on it.

Around the Network

well deserved. I still need to get somewhere in my collectors edition though haha

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

cura said:

of course it is a flop, otherwise the developers wouldn't be in finacial trouble at the moment. 

They are? Have you got a source? It wouldn't surprise me at all!

Lets be honest here, Alan Wake was a huge flop saleswise. A great game but one that disappointed in reviews and sales.

Slimebeast said:
cura said:

of course it is a flop, otherwise the developers wouldn't be in finacial trouble at the moment. 

They are? Have you got a source? It wouldn't surprise me at all!

Lets be honest here, Alan Wake was a huge flop saleswise. A great game but one that disappointed in reviews and sales.

wtf... a shit load of potential sales were digital given away.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

RolStoppable said:

It's still a sales flop in my eyes. Weren't they working on the game for like five years?

Now before you jump on me for calling a game that sells one million copies a flop, I'd like to remind you that I consider Super Mario Galaxy a flop as well.

I don't think it was a sales flop in that I don't believe the audience for something like Alan Wake was ever that large, but I do consider it an example of poorly executed development, with way to many major changes of course and too much effort wasted on platforms that ultimately weren't even supported.

A title like Alan Wake requires focused, tightly controlled development, and Remedy really bounced all over the place with what was always going to be a comparatively niche title by genre and eventual exclusive console.

Even with 1 million sales a lot of those were likly well below launch price, underscoring the small market for the title at launch at the current regular price point for a full game.

So I say sales flop no  Development cycle and cost management - huge flop.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Fingers crossed for #2, first was pretty awesome. Although the gameplay mechanics got a bit annoying by the end I thoroughly enjoyed the story.

OLD GODS OF ASGARD RULE!@@!@!@!

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

thx to :

- no PC release du to MS
- full Natal and Halo Reach hype/support from MS way bfore the release

1M is stil not that bad ...

Time to Work !

How the hell do you know that it was downloaded 1 m times in digital distribution ?

donsterydo2 said:

How the hell do you know that it was downloaded 1 m times in digital distribution ?

because the bundle with Alan Wake Download code sold much more than this?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Ahhh... You mean the ones that were given out for free :p