By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Alan Wake has hit 1 million sales

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/13817/alan-wake/

According to VG charts estimates Alan Wake has not hit 1 million downloads. Alan wake is available for stand a lone purchase, bundled and on Games on Demand. Congrats to Alan Wake word of mouth really got this game going! It is not a sales flop.

Around the Network

It's surely above 2 million with downloads. That's a great enough userbase for a sequel.

RolStoppable said:

It's still a sales flop in my eyes. Weren't they working on the game for like five years?

Now before you jump on me for calling a game that sells one million copies a flop, I'd like to remind you that I consider Super Mario Galaxy a flop as well.

A single player exclusive for the Xbox 360 selling 1 milion is not flop. Alan Wake had little marketing, released on the same day as Red Dead Redemption and started off slow on sales but really developed legs. It was not the perfect storm, but it did not "flop" like many peopel said.

Keep in mind digital sales aren't included. The DLC heavily hinted to a sequel and Remedy has really welcomed the idea to more Alan Wake so they are obviously proud of the product. And yes it did take ~5 years to finish but they said they weren't working on it the whole time. Now they have the engine and the fan base established to make a really great game.

Definitely not a flop, but still a bit of a disappointment. It really deserved the milestone though, amazing game..

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Well deserved. Still have to get my copy.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

Big congrats to the game, But it honestly deserves so much more.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

How isn't it a flop? It was a game that was in development for five years and it has extremely high production values. It sold less than 500,000 units in it's first month and the price of it plummeted not long after release. It also had a haggard development cycle and we don't know how many times they had to recreate asstes or just start over certain aspects of the game. It's a flop in the same way that Heavenly Sword and Valykria Chronicles were flops, it could leg it to 1.5 million, but that'll be at the price of $20 and it would take a span of two years to do it.

I'm sure (and hopeful) that we will see a sequel and I'm confident that it will perform better, it's just a matter of spending two years getting the first game into people's hands and getting people to know the name, similar to what happened with Uncharted, Dead Space and Little Big Planet. The DLC bundle will work wonders and I'm confident that Alan Wake 2 will have a much larger launch and will be a much more succesful game.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

of course it is a flop, otherwise the developers wouldn't be in finacial trouble at the moment. 

I remanber people who said alan wake will outsell heavy rain but it's opposite

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Boutros said:

It's surely above 2 million with downloads. That's a great enough userbase for a sequel.

This.