By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your dream game?

This can not follow any known creations. (no new mario, zelda, god of war, or anything like that. It can be LIKE mario, but not mario)

My dream games.. (there are 2)

1st.
A game based off evolution. A game where you are god, and you controll the enviroment with your hard earned god powers. (think popolus) You start off with a drop of water under your control, and as your 'creature' evolves, you assist it in what it becomes. Possibly a carnivore, possibly a herbavore. Possibly a ozone consumeing flying blimp. However at each evolutionary step, you can only change so much. Meaning yes, Your race could end up going extinct if you dont evolve smart. You would control their inteligence, and with your god powers you can also assist them and help keep them alive... and survive natural disasters. Possibly also have a 'natural disaster' mode, where your creature mutates rapidly. Causing retarded mutant, and horrible deformed creatures, while also possibly getting what you want. You would also have to make sure that the 'weak' dont survive. (they would evolve on their own, but from time to time, you can assist their evolution)

2nd
A massive game like a mixture of Oblivion and X3. A game where there are many citys. (they dont have to be 100% unique). You start like you would in oblivion as just a person. Possibly a hero. As you progress you can buy/build industrys. Build a grape farm in the country, and sell grapes to a winery. You would have to buy something to move the grapes to the winery. You could also pay people to do that for you. You could then buy the winery, and other stuff as well. You can also run around and play 'hero' like in oblivion. You could then buy houses, and decorate them. You could also decorate 'arrange' your buisnesses. If you take your hero, and burn the rival grape farm, possibly someone else will build a new grape farm somewhere else. Possibly you get caught and you serve jail time (like in oblivion) and your industrys will be put on 'shutdown' thus you still pay your employees, and yet you dont make anything. This is the game I want to see the most. X3, in a fantasy world.
EDIT on #2
I mean this for many comonodies. Apples, grain, mills, lumber mills, coal mines, bee farms, candle factories. ETC. A entire liveing world.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Isn't #1 Spore?   And #2 sounds like Wine Tycoon.  (Just picking on ya. :P )

I don't have any dream games that I can think of at the moment, but an idea did just pop into my head for a title where you randomly start off as a living organism.  You play snippets of this organism's life from it's birth until death.  Once you die, you go to an afterlife where you are judged not based upon your score but upon your actions (were they good or bad).  That determines what organism you start with next.  Let's say you start off as a mosquito.  You fly around and bite other living things to live.  Once you die (maybe from an accidental death by a victim or natural old age), the game determines if you only bit other organisms who were good candidates or deserved to be bitten (i.e. stronger, healthy organisms).  Let's say you did well, you may come back as a cat and the cycle repeats.

It may be stupid, but I was just trying to think outside the box. 

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Steve 3.2 said:

Isn't #1 Spore? And #2 sounds like Wine Tycoon. (Just picking on ya. :P )

I don't have any dream games that I can think of at the moment, but an idea did just pop into my head for a title where you randomly start off as a living organism. You play snippets of this organism's life from it's birth until death. Once you die, you go to an afterlife where you are judged not based upon your score but upon your actions (were they good or bad). That determines what organism you start with next. Let's say you start off as a mosquito. You fly around and bite other living things to live. Once you die (maybe from an accidental death by a victim or natural old age), the game determines if you only bit other organisms who were good candidates or deserved to be bitten (i.e. stronger, healthy organisms). Let's say you did well, you may come back as a cat and the cycle repeats.

It may be stupid, but I was just trying to think outside the box.

I actually used to want a game like that when I was younger. And no, Spore does not follow HALF the rules I mention, and they do not evolve on their own. I am speaking of a game where evolution happens. You just help it along. (SPORE you control evolution)

Viva Pinata!

Another Idea is a game that you watch a little dinosaur bump the best thread you've ever started completely un-console related, and un-biased thread that fails.

Around the Network

I like the idea of Viva Pinata! just I dont have a 360.

As much as people speak out against fanboyism and such, petty snipes and flame wars are what drive post counts on threads.  Just because a thread doesn't have a high post count doesn't mean its failed (though it usually does :-p)

"I am speaking of a game where evolution happens. You just help it along. (SPORE you control evolution)'

Try another one of Will Wright's creations: SimEarth.

That was what he originally wanted to do with Spore, but technology back then simply didn't allow that degree of complexity.

Despite it being numbingly boring, it did exactly what you are talking about: helping evolution along. Hell, you didn't have to really do anything if you didn't want to, and the game would just take over.

I let the game run overnight once and when I went back and checked, molluscs discovered fire, built their own spaceships and went off colonizing other worlds. 

.... GET  YOUR HANDS OFF ME YOU DAMNED DIRTY MOLLUSKS!

(planet of the apes reference in case you didn't follow) 

Ive always wanted a "Grand space adventure", that involves starflight, landing on planets, exploring, lots of aliens, power-ups, etc.

Always been tossing up whether it should be a single player game (i.e. where you take the shoes of a single character), or control a group (which is part of a much larger group, i.e. earth vrs aliens or something).

If think if you combined Zelda & Metroid, and got SquareEnix to develop it I would be pretty happy.

I don't want a "shooter" (Halo), rather a proper exploration/adventure title. (Im a huge B5 fan - something like a B5 game done properly, that follows all five seasons - would make me very happy :>).

Not surprisingly, Im also interested in Mass Effect... 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

For your last question I thought Fable 2, where you can do many of those steps.

Mine would be real life which I can't die and their are no consecuenses.

Either that or I get respawns.