By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony hoping to cut PS3 price

I'm about to buy a new PS3 since my 80GB YLOD does anyone think if they cut the price in the US it would be more than $50? I'm thinking of taking advantage of the Amazon $50 gift gard with PS3 this week

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
TT Makaveli said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:

Would be a nice move to help pump up their massive 2011 line-up!

Is it really so massive with Guardian and Twisted Metal postponed to 2012?

Can u provide a list (lol)?

KZ3
LBP2

What else is to come?

are you kidding?

What?

Yeah I know Infamous 2 Motorstorm 3 and Resistence 3 are coming, but they're not that big games. Well Infamous 2 is.

Guardian and Tw Metal are more important to PS3 as I see it.

i dont think Twisted Metal will be bigger than Infamous 2...Infamous 2 is a sure AAA title...Twisted Metal?lets see...but Twisted Metal will point with awesome Multiplayer dough...

also Twisted Metal will release this year...they dont even said end of the year or winter or close to 2012 stuff like Last Guardian...they said spring 2011...Last Guardian is another case...i also cant see this release this year...but im hoping...fighting ^^

and if you talking about important...i would say Socom is just as important like Twisted Metal is...so you can definatly put Socom 4 on the list with Resistance 3 & Infamous 2...Last Guardian BTW also will not be the sales-beast...it will be a gem but i think nobody can see this selling more than 2.5 mill LTD... and also we forgot the top bomb from Sony this year...UNCHARTED 3...what do we need more?with a eventually Last Guardian release by  the same time and this its gonna be a OVERKILL! ^^

how we know Sony there definatly will be some more Exclusives announced!

CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:

KZ3
LBP2

What else is to come?

Slime, you're joking yes?

- LBP2

- Killzone 3

- DC Universe

- Twisted Metal (was NOT delayed)

- inFAMOUS 2

- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

- Resistance 3

- Motorstorm: Apocalypse

- SOCOM 4

- Ratchet & Clank: All-4-One

- The Last Guardian (will likely make it in Qtr. 4 in Japan)

That list also includes no Move-only titles or 3rd party exclusives like Yakuza 4.

I actually forgot Uncharted 3.

TWisted metal is not formally delayed but just like u perdicted TLG would get delayed to 2012 i perdict TM will.

AnarchyWest said:

I'm about to buy a new PS3 since my 80GB YLOD does anyone think if they cut the price in the US it would be more than $50? I'm thinking of taking advantage of the Amazon $50 gift gard with PS3 this week

Unlikely. Most likely it will be a $50 cut. Although it wouldn't completely surprise me to see the move bundle cut down to $325.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

TT Makaveli said:
Slimebeast said:
TT Makaveli said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:

KZ3
LBP2

What else is to come?

are you kidding?

What?

Yeah I know Infamous 2 Motorstorm 3 and Resistence 3 are coming, but they're not that big games. Well Infamous 2 is.

i dont think Twisted Metal will be bigger than Infamous 2...Infamous 2 is a sure AAA title...Twisted Metal?lets see...but Twisted Metal will point with awesome Multiplayer dough...

also Twisted Metal will release this year...they dont even said end of the year or winter or close to 2012 stuff like Last Guardian...they said spring 2011...Last Guardian is another case...i also cant see this release this year...but im hoping...fighting ^^

and if you talking about important...i would say Socom is just as important like Twisted Metal is...so you can definatly put Socom 4 on the list with Resistance 3 & Infamous 2...Last Guardian BTW also will not be the sales-beast...it will be a gem but i think nobody can see this selling more than 2.5 mill LTD... and also we forgot the top bomb from Sony this year...UNCHARTED 3...what do we need more?with a eventually Last Guardian release by  the same time and this its gonna be a OVERKILL! ^^

Just forget what I said lol. I forgot Uncharted 3.

Twisted metal i see selling over 2 million, same with Infamous 2 and Lost Guardian. They're all locked between 2 and 3 mill. Resistance 3 perhaps 1.5 million.

SOCOM never was big as far as I know. 700K? A million?

Around the Network

Good, good. It appears Sony makes enough profit/doesn't lose too much money right now so they can consider dropping price, and I'm sure they want to do that ASAP to tap into the casual market.

Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:

KZ3
LBP2

What else is to come?

Your kidding right...He's kidding right guys?

Their are so many games coming out for the PS3 this year, I'm not gonna bother making a list...your just gonna have to trust us on this one.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Ultr said:
Seece said:

"Hopefully the price might still come down.""

I'm sorry, what kind of stupid comment is this?

The price to produce the product so they can sell it cheaper, not so stupid if you ask me :D

Economics 101.

Slimebeast said:
TT Makaveli said:
Slimebeast said:
TT Makaveli said:
Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:

KZ3
LBP2

What else is to come?

are you kidding?

What?

Just forget what I said lol. I forgot Uncharted 3.

Twisted metal i see selling over 2 million, same with Infamous 2 and Lost Guardian. They're all locked between 2 and 3 mill. Resistance 3 perhaps 1.5 million.

SOCOM never was big as far as I know. 700K? A million?

Naah, even Socom: Confrontation sold more than that with a far smaller userbase, Multiplayer-only and it was a bad game (about 75% on metacritic ).

Resistance 2 will stop selling at 2 million (maybe 2,1) and Resistance 3 looks much improved and it brought many old things back (weaponwheel), if Sony doesnt f**k up the marketing like they did with R2, it will easily sell 2,5-3 million (even more perhaps)

And Uncharted 3 will easily sell 5,5 to 6,5 million (lifetime).

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

A $199 PS3 would run train on 360 and Wii worldwide! I really hope they do cut the price.

I wonder if it would be $249 or $199 (or somewhere in between).