By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Japan EARTHQUAKE effect 3DS launch?

mantlepiecek said:

Well said. 1

except there is a time and place. This is the place, but not the time

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network
09tarheel said:

I feel like people are unfairly attacking Snakenobi on this topic. We are on a video game sales website, it makes sense that a topic will be about how an event will impact video game sales.

If people want to talk about the the human tragedy of this event (which it is), then there are more appropriate outlets for that discussion. Ridiculing a poster for bringing up a relevant topic seems harsh.

On topic: I do think that the earthquake will negatively impact sales of all videogames and systems. This being the 3DS' launch period may mean it misses out on some of the initial excitement that comes with a launch period and it may be challening to respark that interest later.

Agreed. 2

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

AussieGecko said:
mantlepiecek said:

Well said. 1

Not the time?

The question was whether Japan earthquake will effect 3DS. Its very possible the OP doesn't know the magnitude of the earthquake, so its a very valid question.

If he didn't ask now, he would have asked later when there would be no need for the question to be asked.

09tarheel said:

I feel like people are unfairly attacking Snakenobi on this topic. We are on a video game sales website, it makes sense that a topic will be about how an event will impact video game sales.

If people want to talk about the the human tragedy of this event (which it is), then there are more appropriate outlets for that discussion. Ridiculing a poster for bringing up a relevant topic seems harsh.

On topic: I do think that the earthquake will negatively impact sales of all videogames and systems. This being the 3DS' launch period may mean it misses out on some of the initial excitement that comes with a launch period and it may be challening to respark that interest later.

Agreed, lay off th OP.

AussieGecko said:
mantlepiecek said:

Well said. 1

And what is exactly the time you have to wait?  Depends on the person...For some it is seconds/minutes..For other months..

If this thread was created in a week he still would get flamed by some... 

Around the Network

3DS will see drastic decline.

The PS3 will see a massive rise. I'm predicting 70,000 units sold.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

nevermind. have fun.

Lostplanet22 said:

And what is exactly the time you have to wait?  Depends on the person...For some it is seconds/minutes..For other months..

If this thread was created in a week he still would get flamed by some... 

mhmm and if it is just hours away it will rightly be placed as distasteful. If it was a day later I doubt it would be that much of an issue to most people.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

09tarheel said:

I'm sorry but this thread is pretty indefensible.

Attempting to spell doom for a company you do not like off the back of a horrible disaster like this is pathetic. There is no telling how this event will impact the video game industry in Japan for the near future, and I'm sure all companies involved will try to recover as quickly as they can.

A thread about the impact of the disaster on the video game industry in general is of course acceptable although it seems a trivial concern right now considering it's been a matter of hours since the first earthquake, but the spirit of the OP is so transparent as a "WHOOPSIE 3DS" that it's actually a little sickening.

09tarheel said:

i agree with this post and the japonese will be in my heart and prayers.

OT - I'm a bit light on details because this is the first I've heard about the earthquake but if it really was a big quake my first thoughts in regards to video game sales and i believe nintendo does of the final manufacuturing of their hardware in japan.  i could easily see a significant impact on the supply of 3DSs for the americas and european launches.  not that all of the japonese based systems wouldn't be affected but the affect on the 3DS is probably larger as there isn't any systems already in the supply chain.