By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD Feb 2011 Thread (Data in 4 hrs for 4 weeks ending Feb 26)

Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Immortal said:

When was the last time when the Wii was up YOY by more than 10k again?

June 2010, was up 60k YoY

Then why was it so undertracked on the site then? 

This all seems very confusing, maybe VGC were over-compensating for being way off in December or something

Anyway, good sales for all the consoles, especially the 360!

huh? how does your question have anything to do with what Immortal or me said.

It was just a random question and I was just wondering if you or anyone else could provide answers...

stop quoting me ...

Around the Network
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Immortal said:

This all seems very confusing, maybe VGC were over-compensating for being way off in December or something

It was just a random question and I was just wondering if you or anyone else could provide answers...

stop quoting me ...

The last time I quoted you was back in January, it's not a regular occurence. I just know that you know a lot about the individual sales figures, more than I. And some of the other people I don't know too well.

I'm sorry, it was just a question. I didn't say anything offensive, I just wanted (and still do want ) answers to the question of which I asked...

Is that too much to ask?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Immortal said:

stop quoting me ...

The last time I quoted you was back in January, it's not a regular occurence. I just know that you know a lot about the individual sales figures, more than I. And some of the other people I don't know too well.

I'm sorry, it was just a question. I didn't say anything offensive, I just wanted (and still do want ) answers to the question of which I asked...

Is that too much to ask?

"Then why was it so undertracked on the site then? "

Isn't a random response, the "then" on the end indicates that. I just find your posts to me annoying, please stop.

Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Immortal said:

stop quoting me ...

Is that too much to ask?

Isn't a random response, the "then" on the end indicates that. I just find your posts to me annoying, please stop.

Well I find it strange that the site can get it so far off is all. 

If it was up by the biggest amount in over half a year YoY and the site didn't even notice that, then, well, that's a bit weird...

And I'll stop when I get an answer to my question, be it an honest 'dunno'

Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:

Is that too much to ask?

If it was up by the biggest amount in over half a year YoY and the site didn't even notice that, then, well, that's a bit weird...

This NPD doesn't make sense for Wii, that's the clutch of it, PS3 and 360 had reasons to rise, Wii didn't. I imagin it's backwards adjusting for NPD. And Wii won't be up in the next few months either so don't get used to it.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:

Is that too much to ask?

This NPD doesn't make sense for Wii, that's the clutch of it, PS3 and 360 had reasons to rise, Wii didn't. I imagin it's backwards adjusting for NPD. And Wii won't be up in the next few months either so don't get used to it.

Good. That's what I thought. I expect it to be an anomoly though shall wait til next month...

Thank you for your help.

Seece said:
Conegamer said:
Seece said:
Conegamer said:

Is that too much to ask?

I'll admit there is reason to question if NPD is stealth adjusting but I'd wait until next month to see if Wii falls dramatically before making that claim.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

The PS3 is behind the PS2 in sales for the same time period. As you can see by the chart "TheSource" posted the Wii is well ahead of the PS2 in sales. Can the Wii hang on for another 2-3 years. Nintendo needs to push more exclusive software. They did good at the end of 2010, but had nothing to start 2011.

Xbox 360 Now Outselling Wii on 12-Month Basis

Nintendo's Wii, once at the top of the heap, is now finding itself struggling to keep up with the HD competition. According to Cowen and Company analyst Doug Creutz, as reported by sister site GamesIndustry.biz, Microsoft's console is about to outsell the Wii for the first time this console cycle on a trailing 12-month basis (TTM).

"This illustrates the significant shift that has gone on over the last year in the console space," Creutz told investors. "The Wii was outselling the 360 and PlayStation 3 combined on a TTM basis as recently as January 2010, and was outselling the 360 alone by 2:1 on a TTM basis in December 2009 and 1.5:1 in October 2010.

"Over the last three years, TTM total U.S. Xbox 360/PlayStation 3/Wii hardware unit sales have remained relatively consistent in the 17-19 million unit range (18.2 million as of February), so this does represent a share shift as opposed to just a decline for the Wii."

Creutz added, "We believe the significant shift in hardware sales towards HD consoles is a positive ongoing development for the US publishers, who earn the majority of their sales on the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3."

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/xbox-360-now-outselling-wii-on-12-month-basis/

Nsanity said:
Michael-5 said:

So far everything looks undertracked. Espcially Wii sales.

Looks that way.

Some people are saying PS3 is undertracked by 120k plus, but there is no proof of that.

All we can see is that Wii was undertracked by 150k, then 360 was undertracked by 50k, and PS3 was undertracked by at least 30k. I believe PS3 is probably only just as undertracked as 360, and often sources for the HD consoles are the same. So if there is error in ones sales, the other wll have equal error, KZ3 is the only real difference between the consoles, and it won't make PS3's number of undertracked units increase by 50k on it's own.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results