By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Too young to be sued? Not in US of A.

Eh... if some kid recklessly collided into me, injured me and cost me a lot of money i'd sue his parents too.

At LEAST for the medical costs. This isn't like most countries where medical treatment is free.

Around the Network

I don't think there is any country in the world where medical treatment is free, but in most countrys it is illegal not to have health insurance. I've never understood the american way of sueing eachother over every little thing...

Fido said:
I don't think there is any country in the world where medical treatment is free, but in most countrys it is illegal not to have health insurance. I've never understood the american way of sueing eachother over every little thing...

Someone breaks something of yours do to their own incompetence, it's only fair that they replace it. Sure there are cases that are completely without merit... and no doubt this guy is inflating his claim. But he still has a right to atleast what he had to pay for medical expenses. There is a pretty fair arguement that he should be paid for the time he lost at work as well.

Well, the inssurance system in the US is really a stupid one to be honest. Of course that it is only obvious that someone who is responsible for an accident, after which medical care for the other sid is needed, should pay the bills, but no way am i going to believe that it costs 75 grand.

In Poland we give some 20% od what we earn per month to a national insurance company, and if you have to go to the hospital, the stated company pays the fees. What's more, some operations and medication that are very expensive are funded in some percentage by the country, out of the budget. Of course that is not ideal, but it still seems a lot more civil than what's going on in the US, me thinks.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

@ Fido

Medical care is free in most countries.

@ Kasz216

Luckily he will have to prove the "incompetence" of the *8 year old* in question, and as the kid's father is a key witness, this pathetic, money-grabbing tw@ will probably never see a penny of comp. Then again, supposedly Judge Judy is real, so there is no telling what will happen in a place like the US.

Around the Network

My god what an a** ... seriously , nobody ever cares about ,, sorry " no more ?

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Played_Out said:
@ Fido

Medical care is free in most countries.

@ Kasz216

Luckily he will have to prove the "incompetence" of the *8 year old* in question, and as the kid's father is a key witness, this pathetic, money-grabbing tw@ will probably never see a penny of comp. Then again, supposedly Judge Judy is real, so there is no telling what will happen in a place like the US.

Yeah, i'm not really supporting the guy. But at the same time. Not sueing just because someone is a kid is stupid if it's actually costing you a decent amount of money. Parents are responsible for anything their kids do.

Reason: That's freaking ridiculous. That man has no grounds.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

Reason: That's freaking ridiculous. That man has no grounds.

If the man can prove that the child caused the accident then he can sue the parents for negligence in their supervision of the child.

I dislike the sensationalist heading of this article.  This really could just be a case of a pair of parents being too lazy to keep track of their child.  For example, if someone's young child got behind the wheel of a car and hit you, wouldn't you sue the parents?

unless the kid was completely recklass the old guy has no case at all

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.