By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are lego games sooo underrated?

I think they're overrated tbh - Lego Star Wars was fun, though.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:

Lego Indiana Jones 2 is still the only game EVER that was better then the Movie

I know movie games are ridiculusly bad in most cases. Avatar is alright though

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

okr said:

Yes, I like them and I don't think they're underrated at all. Excellent sales, good review scores for a franchise with such a limited gameplay.

Underrated on internet gaming forums only, but which games outside T-/FPS, W-/JRPG aint't underrepresented in gaming discussions these days?

I got Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter. One per franchise is enough for me though and I'm not interested in the Batman one (I have to like the corresponding movie franchise to enjoy the games).

I will also get Lego Pirates of the Carribbean and I hope Traveller's Tales are allowed to make fun of Lord of the Rings some day. Lego James Bond would be nice, as well.

World's 2nd best slapstick humor gaming franchise in my opinion, only topped by Nintendo's brilliant Laurel & Hardy franchise, better known as Mario & Luigi.

I know they have good sales which does show people like them but i know a lot of people who dont play games like this just because of the age rateing and childish looking gameplay yet so many people (including me) love the LBP series which makes me wonder why not play lego games due to the age rateing if you are willing to play LBP? I just think that they could have better sales.

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

chris.m95 said:
okr said:

Yes, I like them and I don't think they're underrated at all. Excellent sales, good review scores for a franchise with such a limited gameplay.

Underrated on internet gaming forums only, but which games outside T-/FPS, W-/JRPG aint't underrepresented in gaming discussions these days?

I got Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter. One per franchise is enough for me though and I'm not interested in the Batman one (I have to like the corresponding movie franchise to enjoy the games).

I will also get Lego Pirates of the Carribbean and I hope Traveller's Tales are allowed to make fun of Lord of the Rings some day. Lego James Bond would be nice, as well.

World's 2nd best slapstick humor gaming franchise in my opinion, only topped by Nintendo's brilliant Laurel & Hardy franchise, better known as Mario & Luigi.

I know they have good sales which does show people like them but i know a lot of people who dont play games like this just because of the age rateing and childish looking gameplay yet so many people (including me) love the LBP series which makes me wonder why not play lego games due to the age rateing if you are willing to play LBP? I just think that they could have better sales.

Maybe people just don't find them that atractive?

I mean i played demo for one or two of them and it was fun and nostalgic (i still have big pirate ship :) ) but I don't feel any reason to buy them.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Porcupine_I said:

Lego Indiana Jones 2 is still the only game EVER that was better then the Movie

Not true...

Responding to OP, I don't think the Lego (insert pop culture license here) Games are underrated at all... if anything they are simply overplayed and are on the verge of going the way of Guitar Hero.  Lego Star Wars was great because of the license it was based on.  Lego Indiana Jones was OK, Lego Batman was meh, and Lego Harry Potter is just blah.  And now they got Lego Pirates of the Carribean... what next?  Lego Twilight?  Lego Transformers?  (Actually, that might be pretty cool).

Personally, I yearn for the days of ACTUAL Lego games... you know, like Lego Island, or Lego Racers... or how about a Lego builder game not unlike Minecraft??? (although, that would pretty much defeat the purpose of having Legos in the first place).

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

They are fun to play but I lost interest after playing 4 of them. (both star wars, batman and indiana jones) It's the exact same formula every time. It kept my interest longer then the CoD series anyway :)

I'll buy it again when they do a Studio Ghibli lego game.

They're just too much of the same.

Really not bad, but after playing like 2 levels I don't really want to play any of them ever again. Simply gets too boring way too fast even with a friend.

i enjoy them a lot, they don't try to be too serious but still stay true to the series they are representing

i've mostly played Star Wars and Batman, but just got Harry Potter and am enjoying it so far (have not played Indiana Jones)

excited for lego pirates of the caribbean

Because it's kiddy.

Hardcore gamers don't want to be caught playing this :)

What kind of games are lego games again? Cause I played lego harry potter demo it was not as bad as the harry potter series from EA but it still sucked. All I remember is collecting stuff.