By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (rumor) Nintendo 3DS flashcard support is a TRAP

Mr Khan said:
manuel said:
Mr Khan said:

But can it tell the difference between legitimate (and perfectly legal) homebrew applications, and piracy?

I'm afraid not.

The 3DS logs every game card you put into the system. I don't know how a flash card is displayed internally on the 3DS, but I'm sure it will not be recognized as an official game.

Then all 3DS owners should know their rights, and everyone bricked (whether they were bricked for piracy or homebrew) should sue, to bog Nintendo down as revenge. Class-action preferred

rights nothing!!,  you want homebrew?, get a freaking computer.

Evryone knows these flashcards are used mostly for piracy, so enough with this "its for homebrew" bullshit, youd have to be a fool to believe thats what they for,a dn the guys at nintendo arent fools.

Around the Network
hehey said:
Mr Khan said:
manuel said:
Mr Khan said:

But can it tell the difference between legitimate (and perfectly legal) homebrew applications, and piracy?

I'm afraid not.

The 3DS logs every game card you put into the system. I don't know how a flash card is displayed internally on the 3DS, but I'm sure it will not be recognized as an official game.

Then all 3DS owners should know their rights, and everyone bricked (whether they were bricked for piracy or homebrew) should sue, to bog Nintendo down as revenge. Class-action preferred

rights nothing!!,  you want homebrew?, get a freaking computer.

Evryone knows these flashcards are used mostly for piracy, so enough with this "its for homebrew" bullshit, youd have to be a fool to believe thats what they for,a dn the guys at nintendo arent fools.

We're legally entitled to do as we wish to our property, and we're legally entitled to play backup copies of our own software. Rights. Piracy must be pursued at the point of piracy, not as a means to void consumer rights

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Khuutra said:
Mr Khan said:
forest-spirit said:
Maelstrome said:

people are making a big deal out of nothing. the same thing is said by nintendo every wii firmware update that unauthorized modification can result in an unoperable system. i doubt them saying it this time means anymore than the other times.

Yeah, that's my take on it as well.

Hopefully that's the case, to absolve themselves of accidental incompatibilities with unaccounted-for modifications, which is the risk the owner assumes on themselves, and would be both moral and legal

If that is the case then I'm fine with it.

Same here, not once have I heard of an update breaking a softmodded Wii, hard modded ones are a different case, and that's WHOLEY on the owner and the modchip itself, Nintendo didn't go out of their way to destroy said console rather the new update was designed for original hardware...

Anyway I think this is likely the case, but if it isn't I'll be rather pissed at Nintendo.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

KylieDog said:
Sempuukyaku said:
KylieDog said:

Using a flashcard is not modding the system.

Using a flashcard is stealing games. It's still evil and I want to see people punished for doing so.

On the DS/3DS people have a legit excuse to need one since DS cases are probably bigger than the DS itself when you work out the dimensions.  For each game.

I have plenty of DS games, can look at my collection it has most of them listed.  It just isn't practical to take these with me though so I bought an R4 and put most of them on it.

Home consoles have no such excuse.

The game cases are too big? This is the best you could come up with? I find this laugable. You could buy one of these or this, problem solved.

Mr Khan said:

We're legally entitled to do as we wish to our property, and we're legally entitled to play backup copies of our own software. Rights. Piracy must be pursued at the point of piracy, not as a means to void consumer rights

Won't you be so nice as to hammer that idea into everyone's head on the forum? Thanks.

Around the Network
Galaki said:
Mr Khan said:

Won't you be so nice as to hammer that idea into everyone's head on the forum? Thanks.

its on of the reasons cd-keys were initially created, they still let you copy the game but without a cd key you couldnt install it though you need a crack on most games if you "back them up"

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

darthdevidem01 said:
NiKKoM said:

whatever happend to the good old times when you just lose your warranty if you modded your system... >_>

Won't work now, systems hardly break down.

Thats a joke right? I could be wrong but I believe hardware failures have only increased with every gen.

thranx said:
darthdevidem01 said:
NiKKoM said:

whatever happend to the good old times when you just lose your warranty if you modded your system... >_>

Thats a joke right? I could be wrong but I believe hardware failures have only increased with every gen.

This is why I think it is funny, people at work always ask me why things used to last longer, well the entire electronics of your old tv is soooo small on the newer tvs you cant even see them. They are better and more moving parts... they will break haha

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

thranx said:
darthdevidem01 said:
NiKKoM said:

I think on home consoles Nintendo has significantly decreased it's failure rate each new generation.(Reliability on Wii>Gamecube>SNES>NES)

NES was pretty infamous in its day for the tricks you had to learn to get it to work.

Slimebeast said:
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

I wonder what media next gen Xbox will use.

Digital distribution only. It's the future.

Do you really believe that? They must have physical media too even though the emphasis is on digital download.

sell cards with codes on their backs

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453