By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - (rumor) Nintendo 3DS flashcard support is a TRAP

alfredofroylan said:

Well seems like there's something more real. A retailers posted this:

"Dear customers who resell Nintendo 3DS "
"non purchase able 3DS system"
In case if you use equipment which is illegal or unapproved by Nintendo or if you do customization which is unapproved by Nintendo, there is a possibility that Nintendo 3DS become non bootable by system update.

- From Nintendo 3DS terms of agreement

Because of terms of agreement above, Enterking refuses to buy 3DS system with record of illegal or unapproved equipment.

"Request to format before you sell"

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=152082

Awesome.

Around the Network
Games4Fun said:
Galaki said:
Games4Fun said:
midorigreen said:

If you want to blame someone blame the pirates that have forced nintendo to go to such extremes.

This.

Just because some people "steal" does not mean everyone else should be criminalized.

You neighbour broke someone's car window, should you be paying for it? No.

Because thats comparable at all? and in some ways yes I would pay for it because I would be worried about my car and feel the need to get a better eye on it. If more cars got broken into I would take more measures. If I owned a company and people where stealing from me I be dammed I wouldntattempt to stop it and not one person who is for homebrewing, or whatever else some of them do with the systems wouldnt.

Yup. Penalize the legit customers is the proper way to do business.

Galaki said:
Games4Fun said:
Galaki said:
Games4Fun said:
midorigreen said:

If you want to blame someone blame the pirates that have forced nintendo to go to such extremes.

This.

Just because some people "steal" does not mean everyone else should be criminalized.

You neighbour broke someone's car window, should you be paying for it? No.

Because thats comparable at all? and in some ways yes I would pay for it because I would be worried about my car and feel the need to get a better eye on it. If more cars got broken into I would take more measures. If I owned a company and people where stealing from me I be dammed I wouldntattempt to stop it and not one person who is for homebrewing, or whatever else some of them do with the systems wouldnt.

Yup. Penalize the legit customers is the proper way to do business.

If your a legit customer then you have zero to worry about....

Games4Fun said:

You still don't get it.

Galaki said:
Games4Fun said:

You still don't get it.

Dont get what? If your system and software are legit, then it harms you in no way.

Around the Network
alfredofroylan said:

Well seems like there's something more real. A retailers posted this:

"Dear customers who resell Nintendo 3DS "
"non purchase able 3DS system"
In case if you use equipment which is illegal or unapproved by Nintendo or if you do customization which is unapproved by Nintendo, there is a possibility that Nintendo 3DS become non bootable by system update.

- From Nintendo 3DS terms of agreement

Because of terms of agreement above, Enterking refuses to buy 3DS system with record of illegal or unapproved equipment.

"Request to format before you sell"

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=152082

That's similar to the terms of agreement of Wii updates I think.

Edit:

It doesn't necessarily mean that Nintendo's updates will include some evil console bricking program, it's just that there's a risk with installing official system updates when you have a modified system and your console could become unusable.

kitler53 said:

... i really really hope this is true!! go nintendo go!!!

I agree with this post.

dsister said:

So I can have my 3DS bricked for playing back-ups of games own? Not cool, Nintendo :( 

Sure.... "back-up game"

If true, then... eeeeexcellent.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Uh in the past Nintendo has never bricked a Wii even though they can technically check to see if you're using any homebrew applications, you still have to agree with sending them your data as well, I think people are jumping the gun here, the writer I mean, will wait and see how Nintendo is handling it but I mean people have used flash cards just to test and see if it works, if Nintendo bricked the 3DS for that reason they'd be in the wrong.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000