By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Judgement Day is May 21, 2011

Waiting for May 22 to make fun of them.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/LIVING/03/06/judgment.day.caravan/index.html?hpt=C1

Around the Network

I saw a letter that was sent out by an organisation (or at least claimed to be) that nonchalantly said something along the lines of "We have found out that judgement day will be May 21st 2011. Please make a note of this date". It was hilarious.

Actually, I just found it on google...

I just love how casual the letter is. If were to write a letter like this I would just write something like...

"SERIOUSLY, I AM NOT KIDDING. JUDGEMENT DAY IS HAPPENING IN LIKE FOUR MONTHS, RIGHT. DO AS MUCH AS YOU CAN IN YOUR MORTAL LIFE RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IN FOUR MONTHS YOU'RE FUCKED. JUST SERIOUSLY, LET EVERYONE IN THE WORLD KNOW NOW. ARGHHH!!!!!"

I admire a person who can keep their cool whe they are convinced they are about to have their mortal life taken away.

Also, that is four days before my birthday, so it had better not happen because I'm really looking forward to my celebrations and presents! Roll on May 22nd.

OH NO!

Now I'll never find the cure for cancer... and even if I did it'd be completely pointless! Damn!

LULLZ TROLLZ LOLLZ TRULLZ LULLZ @ THEM & the cat guy!

So we have May 21, 2011

And then Dec 21, 2012 (both 21's lol)

Well at least the latter has a major event taking place on the day (apparently we line up at the centre of our galaxy (or some jazz like that) which can cause pole shifting on Dec 21, 2012...dunno if thats even fatal though).

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Not sure what you mean by line up at the center of our Galaxy.

Are you saying our solar system will be in the center of the Milky Way?

That we are in a line with the center of our galaxy?

You lost me, at the center of the Milky Way is a massive black hole so I don't believe you mean to say that we will actually be there in a few months, in order for that to happen our solar system would have to travel around 700 times the speed of light or if it should keep it's current vector only in a spiral rather than elipse it would take 100 times that at the very least.

The only factor of threat the note has is that the guy pretends to know something without ever giving proof.

The silliness that diminishes that threat is that even his biblical start date is off by every major theologian’s calendar if only by a few thousand years though.

Also as deluded and usably deprived these people are I only hope they don't commit suicide for this.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I was going to make a thread about this. Anyways, when they said "I know it's absolutely true, because the Bible is always absolutely true," I lol'd hard.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

I think belief that Noah has managed to stuff a pair of every species that are currently living on the ground and probably the ones who have adapted to the water should give a good indication that this is just a ruse. But no. Apparently somehow Noah has managed to built an arc the size of an estate and somehow fed and prevented the animals from eating each other up.

Not hatin' till they try to shove this down my throat.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

its all good.  brink comes out on the 17th. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur