By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's time for Nintendo to go 3rd party. Who gets what?

If Heavy Rain can sell 2M, I don't see why Zelda or Mario wouldn't do the same if not more on the PS3 and I think David Cage would agree.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/84413/gdc-2011-heavy-rain-sold-2-million-and-game-mechanics-are-evil/

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Carl2291 said:

This wouldn't work out right at all because everyone on VGChartz knows that everyone hates Nintendo.

Nearly all of the hate directed towards Nintendo could be nullified by Nintendo going third party. The appreciation of Nintendo software would rise to unheard of levels, especially in the Sony camp as they would get more of the games.

Nintendo should stop being greedy and share the innovation around.

RolStoppable said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Nintendo should stop being greedy and share the innovation around.

Probably. I suppose Wii Music 2 should go multiplatform.

I'd make it a HD console exclusive. Not the 'also on PC' type of console exclusive but one where it is actually only available on the HD consoles.

I dont know how you managed to do it but somehow you insulted the xbox while insulting nintendo. 

"This goes to PS3 again. MS has the Zelda-killer in Fable but that's not the only reason why Sony wins this one. Gamers respect their history. If there is one thing people remember about the PS1 era it's the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This would allow Sony to say they've added limited backwards compatbility and only Sony could recreate this gem in full HD glory." errrr 

"Sony already has LBP so any PS3 user who wanted 2d Mario could just make it for themselves. 360 users on the other hand are currently being tricked into thinking games like Braid and Limbo are actual platformers. For this reason it's only fair that 2D Mario goes to the 360 so that they can play a platformer with neither a gimmicky mechanic or gimmicky artstyle." braid and limbo aint gimicky

Seriously how the hell do threads like this exist?

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Very well written and well analysed post Pyro as Bill. But if I may balance out your OP, I'd like to give my two cents on the future of some of the other lesser Nintendo franchises, and where they should go.

I believe Star Fox should head to the X360. that system has been getting its share of shmup's and while I am aware that Star Fox is not entirely comparable to the likes of Deathsmiles and Mushihemesama, I believe the microsoft camp may appreciate what the franchise has to offer. Then again, I'm not quite sure how receptive X360 owners are of furries.

I believe Kirby also has a future on the X360. The console has a distinct lack of platformers with traditional values while the PS3 gets Littlebigplanet and Mario, and Kirby can build a fanbase there. There may even be a bit of rivalry between the PS3 Mario fans and the X360 Kirby boys. Much like the good old Halo vs Killzone arguments.

F-Zero should also head to the X360 to combat the Wipeout games on the Playstation platforms. I feel the franchise will also benefit not only the HD visuals, but also the strong online support the console has to offer. 30 player online races anyone?

I think it's only fair that Mario sports titles go multiplatform. Same goes for Super Smash Bros.

Would you say this is fair?

How technical is your game?

Around the Network

lmao.

Oh wait.............. You were serious?

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

IxisNaugus said:

Very well written and well analysed post Pyro as Bill. But if I may balance out your OP, I'd like to give my two cents on the future of some of the other lesser Nintendo franchises, and where they should go.

I believe Star Fox should head to the X360. that system has been getting its share of shmup's and while I am aware that Star Fox is not entirely comparable to the likes of Deathsmiles and Mushihemesama, I believe the microsoft camp may appreciate what the franchise has to offer. Then again, I'm not quite sure how receptive X360 owners are of furries.

I believe Kirby also has a future on the X360. The console has a distinct lack of platformers with traditional values while the PS3 gets Littlebigplanet and Mario, and Kirby can build a fanbase there. There may even be a bit of rivalry between the PS3 Mario fans and the X360 Kirby boys. Much like the good old Halo vs Killzone arguments.

F-Zero should also head to the X360 to combat the Wipeout games on the Playstation platforms. I feel the franchise will also benefit not only the HD visuals, but also the strong online support the console has to offer. 30 player online races anyone?

I think it's only fair that Mario sports titles go multiplatform. Same goes for Super Smash Bros.

Would you say this is fair?

No that's not fair. No way any of those games deserve to be on PS3.

That would be awesome. :D

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Well that was interesting, now if you excuse me I'm going to watch this.....

Aaaahh that's better

I know this thread aint serious but if nintendo did decide to go to either MS or Sony and said to them they will go 3rd party on either of their systems how much money Nintendo could make from doing it exclusively. MS or Sony would pay bucketloads to have Nintendo games on their consoles. And that would be before Nintendo sold any games.