By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Oh VG community, I am so dissapointed in you! You're letting me down with your irrational behaviour. Here's how this thread should have gone.

Hus said: or maybe they are topping charts cause thet user base is like +30 times bigger... keep dreaming that graphics dont matter.

The rest of you say: Oh Hus, you so silly.  Anyways, yes, I think the PS2's game sales are mostly just reflective of the consoles sales base. It's a familiar trend that happened with the PS1, the Snes and the Nes all selling lots of games well into the next gen. 

See everybody. See how fun and civil things can be if you just chuckle at his Husness and move on? 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Why should Hus be excempted from irrational behavior and not everyone else?

BLAAR!!! EVERYONE SMART! BLAR!!!

PS2 is one hell of a deal today. Hands down, that is why it is selling like crazy. Alot of people are sticking with PS2 instead of moveing to PS3, becuase most people are waiting for a price drop, or waiting for hardware kinks to get solved. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Developers are still in love with the PS2 because of its massive userbase, and by extension, everybody will also continue working with Sony, whether it's less exclusively or not. Even Sony will continue to release games for it rather than focusing all their efforts on PS3. This is the biggest obstacle for the PS3 to overcome, rather than anything the competition may offer. It'll happen eventually, though, to the dismay of those having fantasies of PS3 bombing.

Graphics don't matter so much as technology.

Continued PS2 sales just means continued building of the PlayStation brand.

stof said:
Oh VG community, I am so dissapointed in you! You're letting me down with your irrational behaviour. Here's how this thread should have gone.

Hus said: or maybe they are topping charts cause thet user base is like +30 times bigger... keep dreaming that graphics dont matter.

The rest of you say: Oh Hus, you so silly. Anyways, yes, I think the PS2's game sales are mostly just reflective of the consoles sales base. It's a familiar trend that happened with the PS1, the Snes and the Nes all selling lots of games well into the next gen.

See everybody. See how fun and civil things can be if you just chuckle at his Husness and move on?

Oh stof, you so silly. Anyways, yes, I think we can be more fun and civil. But its hard when people snipe at every one of your statements and then respond condescendingly when your viewpoint doesn't exactly match theirs.

Around the Network

I think what people have to remember in this forum is that everyone is not of adult age here.

Some of us are in our 20's, some of us are in our 30's (or twenty-tens heehee!) some maybe older and some here are teenagers or even preteens. Go to GameFAQs & see the difference in discussion. There you have adults talking but some irrational children drown out the conversation. All children are not like this, no, but it's like what people say about the XBox Live service. Young kids, young boys rather being wild, rude and obnoxious just for the sake of it. They haven't learned to discuss things civilly without taking offense to every perceived slight and don't know how to express disagreement well.

Since children don't have the ability to go to the same discussion forums as adults do they find places like these to gather. And remember gaming is originally for children and the child-at-heart anyway.

We just have to be patient with our younger members, that's all. It also explains the lack of knowledge of history. They only knew what they grew up with. They have no reference point of our experiences.

That being said. The PS2 sells as it does right now because it is the greatest selling console of all time. It is a success and a feather in Sony's cap. The NES went on for YEARS after the SNES was introduced. One thing I DO like about Sony is how they don't cut short their system's life for the next generation. The winner of the last generation tends to keep their older system running concurrently to bring in more profits from the extremely late adopters. These are people who are getting a starter game system for someone in their family or someone who wanted to wait until the price got low and a certain selection to come out before buying one up. When people go to the store and have no knowledge of game systems they go to the one with the biggest display area and selection AKA the most popular.

"I heard my grandson wanted to play the vidj'agames.This looks like a nice one. Excuse me clerk what's this called?"

"Uh the Playstation 2 ma'am."

"Yes THAT'S the name I remember him saying. I knew it was 'play' something. Kept thinking Play-Doh but that's that silly putty stuff in the toy dept."

"Can I wrap that up for you ma'am?"

"Yes and I think my grand will like that bass fishing game. That looks like it will be fun. Cheap too"

"(boy that kid is gonna be pissed. but at least she got him a PS2) That'll be $160.48 ma'am" 

The PS2 might be the buffer that offsets the PS3's problems to a degree.

No, graphics don't matter as much as people like to make & NEVER has a gaming generation been won by the graphical powerhouse. NEVER. 1977's Atari 2600 Vs. 1980's Mattel Intellivision ~> Atari laid the smackdown on the monkey 'ahhse' with its simplistic pixels in comparison to Intellivision's 16-bit vivid display. It's the market and the game power that has always won the fight. Those who don't know the lesson will learn it shortly. Every human generation will learn the lessons of the older ones eventually.

This is how the PS2 became the dominator in the first place. Momentum and weak or late competition let them run away with the market therefore bringing in the game power.

Rule of Thumb: As long as there is money to be made, the path will be taken.

PS2 is still money. It's STILL making an impact on the Japanese charts in the midst of the WiiDS Phenomenon. The PS2 Phenomenon still has some legs left to go and Sony would be wise to run that marathoner 'til he drops at the finish line.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

We need more people like you in here johnlucas, would make the entire community a lot smarter

and since no one has actualy de-bashed all of Hus's nonsense posts i'll try do it.

Hus, growup, face the true facts, not your own biased opinions, they make NO sense what so ever. You clearly have a brain of a twelve-year old boy that got a ps and a ps2 from his mommy. And you are absoltely the worst fanboy in here, of sony that is. I would love to see you remove yourself from the community and actually do something useful with your life, like buying a Wii for instance, it broadens your view(come on little sarcasm).Or atleast make sense, like your fellow fanboy Kwaad, he's smart. Maybe he can train you to become a TRUE fanboy, that actually can give viable arguments.

C'mon, someone needed to say this.

Sorry for ruining your thread That Guy :(

EDIT: sorry for the double post, vgchartz kinda crashes on me alot

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I just have to say this post is epic for saying PS-Double, as opposed to Sony's marketspeech "PS2" I'll actually contribute to this later. Oh, and Hus, is ignorance really bliss?

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Neos said:

We need more people like you in here johnlucas, would make the entire community a lot smarter

and since no one has actualy de-bashed all of Hus's nonsense posts i'll try do it.

Hus, growup, face the true facts, not your own biased opinions, they make NO sense what so ever. You clearly have a brain of a twelve-year old boy that got a ps and a ps2 from his mommy. And you are absoltely the worst fanboy in here, of sony that is. I would love to see you remove yourself from the community and actually do something useful with your life, like buying a Wii for instance, it broadens your view(come on little sarcasm).Or atleast make sense, like your fellow fanboy Kwaad, he's smart. Maybe he can train you to become a TRUE fanboy, that actually can give viable arguments.

C'mon, someone needed to say this.

Sorry for ruining your thread That Guy :(

Thank you Neos. I appreciate that.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!