By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The PS-Double

on the vgcharts homepage, it seems like PS-Double games are still topping the sales charts. I'm not quite sure what to read of this.  But I want to open it up to anything you guys want to discuss.

to me, it may mean:

1) Graphics don't matter too much

2) Not enough good games for the PS-Triple

3) On the developers side, its way cheaper to develop for the PS-Double and the userbase is way bigger, plus anyone with a PS-Triple can still play those games. 

I think its good for Sony that the PS-Double is still going strong. But the question is how many of those PS-Double owners are going to be PS-Triple owners?

Around the Network

or maybe they are topping charts cause thet user base is like +30 times bigger...

keep dreaming that graphics dont matter.

Or maybe I already listed that point as point #3.

the "keep dreaming" thing was uncalled for.

War Hus bringing up my own point and presenting it as something new. 

Hus said: keep dreaming that graphics dont matter.

They mostly don't. Look at the PSP vs DS. Or the overall sales of any Sims game. Or the fact that Wii play has outsold any ps3 game and almost every single 360 game.

They matter to a very small degree.

graphics matter always have always will.

the ONLY reason they are toping charts is user base, nothing to do with not caring about graphics. 

apperantly all the kiddy fans think graphics dont matter and do everything they can to prove that, guess its becasus your console of choice is a joke as far as graphics go.

Around the Network

don't go down with that "keep dreaming" business. I was a staunch N64 supporter.

N64 graphics > PS-Single Graphics. Look how well that went.

Hus said:

or maybe they are topping charts cause thet user base is like +30 times bigger...

keep dreaming that graphics dont matter.

You obviously ignored the term "may mean". That clearly implies he isn't insisting it is so, merely stating a possible reason for it happening, not that he believes it's so, for you to counter. You don't counter a thought that actually isn't there.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

superchunk said:
Hus said: keep dreaming that graphics dont matter.

They mostly don't. Look at the PSP vs DS. Or the overall sales of any Sims game. Or the fact that Wii play has outsold any ps3 game and almost every single 360 game.

They matter to a very small degree.

u mean wii sports ?

Forget about him, Lord Night Knight. I'm not going to have him ruin my thread and turn it into another flame war. Lets get back to the discussion at hand.

If graphics reallly matter, practically ALL the hardware wars would be different, my friend:

- Master System would have won NES;

- ALL the rivals of Game Boy would have won it;

- Nintendo 64 would have defeated PS;

- DreamCast would have been a success;

- PS2 would have been defeated by GC and, specially, Xbox.

- PSP would destroy DS in the sales.

It sounds good when you say "For the People", but what you really want is... a stronger army than the Knights, and the evil power to control the people.

(Ramza Beoulve, Final Fantasy Tactics)