By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 8

makingmusic476 said:

So what should we blame Killzone 3's sales on?

• Gutting of features from Killzone 2 in the name of "accessibility"
  • A bad taste left in people's mouths after Killzone 2
  • A much busier release schedule, surrounded by BS, LBP2, and DS2

I hope GG assumes it's the first, but it's probably a mix of all three. I know a few that passed on the game because it removed much of what they loved about Killzone 2;s multiplayer, and I know at least one person that is waiting on the game because they're lost in LBP2.

I think it also needs to be stated that there is a Call of Duty effect out there.  Modern Warfare 2 had a huge impact on the state of the shooting market.  On the PS3 it has almost created a monopoly when it comes to shooting games.  Killzone 2 had the luxury of releasing not only before Modern Warfare 2 came out, but if I remember correctly, before it was even announced.  Now it is a different market for KZ3 which is coming out in the wake of this new phenomenon.  Even more so, the CoD games are huge in UK, probably larger percentage wise than any other market for the brand.  

So combined with your three things, I'd also just like to throw that in because we need to remind ourselves just how large that brand's impact has been on ther genre.  I mean it could easily be stated that the brand has even affected Halo (Reach and ODST) which has been the top shooting brand for the past 8-9 years.  

Around the Network

KZ3 will be No.1 in next week's Netherlands chart. It shouldn't really be in this week's chart, those are just sales from broken street dates.

well almost every game launch Friday in EU

kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:

I could be wrong but, aren't KZ3's sales a in tad early? And, didn't it launch on Fri? The doom and gloom should at least hold off till we know more.

KZ2 launched on 27th Feb 2009 in the  UK.

Also a Friday.... so the UK sales are very relevant.

(the rest of Europe got it on the 25th Feb 2009)

The game launched 25th Feb 2009.

Killzone 3 first week sales may be less than 600,000 copies worldwide

Around the Network

amazon UK said it's Feb 27 2009

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Killzone-2-PS3/dp/B000E69YHK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298976078&sr=8-1

http://www.aesvi.it/cms/charts.php?dir_pk=206

Italian Charts, Week 7

From 14/02/2011 to 20/02/2011

1) Kinect Adventures Kinect (XBox 360) Microsoft 
2) Just Dance 2 (Wii) Ubisoft 
3) Mario Sports Mix (Wii) Nintendo 
4) Wii Fit Plus Balance Board (Wii) Nintendo 
5) Wii Party (Wii) Nintendo 
6) Art Academy (DS) Nintendo 
7) Little Big Planet 2 (PS3) Sony 
8) Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) Sony 
9) Fifa 11 (PS3) Electronic Arts