By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Marijuana Thread: Congrats to Oregon, Alaska, and D.C.

Should USA legalize Marijuana?

Yes 204 72.86%

No 76 27.14%

Total:280
Weedlab said:
Marijuana is the devil and does more harm than good. Stay away from it guys.

Really? Every time I see your name I think of Marijuana? Weed lab. Almost sounds like a growers name?

Around the Network
chocoloco said:
Weedlab said:

Really? Every time I see your name I think of Marijuana? Weed lab. Almost sounds like a growers name?

Yea, I'm just f**kin with you guys. The irony right?  I have a plantation in my home country. It's dirt cheap to grow south of the US I don't smoke the stuff though.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Weedlab said:
chocoloco said:
Weedlab said:

Yea, I'm just f**kin with you guys. The irony right?  I have a plantation in my home country. It's dirt cheap to grow south of the US I don't smoke the stuff though.

Sure you don't okay got you. ;)  To be honest, I hardly ever do myself. Usually only with a friend and occassionally with the GF. I am just a long time legalization advocate that knows a lot on the subject. Knowledge is power as they say.

Anybody else get somebody to deliver their stuff?

chocoloco said:
Weedlab said:
chocoloco said:
Weedlab said:

Sure you don't okay got you. ;)  To be honest, I hardly ever do myself. Usually only with a friend and occassionally with the GF. I am just a long time legalization advocate that knows a lot on the subject. Knowledge is power as they say.

That why I quit. I started in high school with my closest friends and it was a lot of fun, but then every body went their separate ways and it didn't seem as fun for me (the people I met since are not people I would unwind with and feel safe around). Eventually I just quit smoking - going on to 4 years now. Can't exactly get rid of Mary Jane because of the plantation at home, so I do make brownies and other baked goods when I go there lulz Zero chance of that in the US though. It's way too expensive. What they charge Americans $US30 for we charge the equivalent of $US2.

Around the Network
Weedlab said:

That why I quit. I started in high school with my closest friends and it was a lot of fun, but then every body went their separate ways and it didn't seem as fun for me (the people I met since are not people I would unwind with and feel safe around). Eventually I just quit smoking - going on to 4 years now. Can't exactly get rid of Mary Jane because of the plantation at home, so I do make brownies and other baked goods when I go there lulz Zero chance of that in the US though. It's way too expensive. What they charge Americans $US30 for we charge the equivalent of $US2.

I think I quit for almost 8 years so that is not too surprising. Well, I am sure compared to Columbia THC products are expensive everywhere in the US. Though the prices fell drastically here when the medical marijuana shops first came because there was a huge surplus of the drug. The highest quality stuff fell to $25 an eigth at some places when it used to be  $50.  There are brownies, teas , and even THC ice cream, but yeah it is expensive as all hell as you say.

If you dfo not mind answering do you think legalization in the entire US would put you out of business? since I am assuming the US buys your product the most.

chocoloco said:
Weedlab said:

I think I quit for almost 8 years so that is not too surprising. Well, I am sure compared to Columbia THC products are expensive everywhere in the US. Though the prices fell drastically here when the medical marijuana shops first came because there was a huge surplus of the drug. The highest quality stuff fell to $25 an eigth at some places when it used to be  $50.  There are brownies, teas , and even THC ice cream, but yeah it is expensive as all hell as you say.

If you dfo not mind answering do you think legalization in the entire US would put you out of business? since I am assuming the US buys your product the most.

Yea it is. Large amounts of the arable land is used for such activities, so due to the huge supply of land (and lower overhead) the producers benefit from economies of scale which helps stem the price. Then there are considerations like the exchange rate between my country's currency and other countries. The producers make more money when our currency is weaker, but to you guys it is dirt cheap.

lol Well, I'll answer this one 'hypothetically'. :)  Hypothetically speaking, if I were selling to the US, then I think legalizations would have a number of varied consequences (good and bad). But from the perspective of $, it won't be (too) bad for producers of soft core drugs such as Mary Jane. It's pretty popular on the continent and in the wider region such as in the Caribbean, and the domestic demand is pretty good. Plus tourists from the West help prop up these illicit activities. 

I would prefer if producers were experiencing such a hard time that they would switch to more transparent activities that fetch higher income. Evolution (in this case economic evolution) is a lot smarter than humans, so even if the producers experienced hardship from a change in the US domestic policy then I would welcome that. It would at least cut the demand, lower the price and lead some of them into cleaner business … possibly even move up the food chain and sell value added stuff.

Don't panic it's organic.

crissindahouse said:

yes and i don't even touch it but i drink alcohol and i think it's fine that alcohol is allowed and i really don't think marijuana would be more harmful to our society as alcohol is.

Interesting comparasion, in studies where they actually compair the two, Marijuana doesn't cause peole to beat their spouces or entice violenct.  People working on assembly lines are more productive, etc. (And I think it's clear outlawing alcohol is a bad idea.)

So studdies compairing the two show that Alcohol is far worse to society. 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

BeTa77 said:
Don't panic it's organic.

There are plenty of organic poisons.  Bad argument.