By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kowenicki said:

if we are talking about single regions then the US is the most important for ALL of the consoles....    The difference is Japan, and always will be as long as they totally ignore the 360.

the US  represents:

PS3  47%

Wii 54%

360  68%

They'd all be fucked if US blows up.

Now if Mount Fuji erupts.... MS wont even blink.

The American home console market will continue to grow, the Japanese home console market will continue to diminish... Fact.  The US market is a good place to be strong.

Not by revenue it isn't.

Around the Network

Where are the adjustments VGC? Guess they'll have to do it when the NPD numbers roll our in a few weeks.

'gaming till I'm gone'

pezus said:
XanderZane said:

Where are the adjustments VGC? Guess they'll have to do it when the NPD numbers roll our in a few weeks.

No, you said NPD undertracks all consoles (because they don't include Walmart). Did you change your opinion?

He is going to be very surprised at the US nos this week lol.

pezus said:
XanderZane said:

No, you said NPD undertracks all consoles (because they don't include Walmart). Did you change your opinion?

No.. they do undertrack, but it's quite obvious the VGC overtracked on the PS3 for the U.S. market last week.  When the NPD comes out it will show this, just like it did in Jan. Supposely NPD makes an estimate on Wal-Mart and the other retailers it doesn't track and includes that into their totals. Don't know how true that is. I haven't had time to research it.

'gaming till I'm gone'

mantlepiecek said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:

He is going to be very surprised at the US nos this week lol.

Not really, as KZ2 and the 3DS was released last week. So I know the numbers will be a bit higher for those platforms. There also was a price cut for the PS3 is some of the foreign countries. Microsoft did a price cut this week.

'gaming till I'm gone'

Around the Network
pezus said:
XanderZane said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:

No.. they do undertrack, but it's quite obvious the VGC overtracked on the PS3 for the U.S. market last week.  When the NPD comes out it will show this, just like it did in Jan. Supposely NPD makes an estimate on Wal-Mart and the other retailers it doesn't track and includes that into their totals. Don't know how true that is. I haven't had time to research it.

No, it's not.

That's your opinion. I'm sticking with mine.

'gaming till I'm gone'

XanderZane said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:

No, it's not.

NPD Figure for PS3 (Jan 2011): 267,000
VGChartz Figure for PS3, Americas (Jan 2011): 318,801
VGChartz Figure for PS3, US (Jan 2011): 318,801*87% = 277,357
So a variation in January of 3.9%, which is perfectly acceptable.

You've claimed VGChartz massively overtracked the PS3 in January and, as a result, believe it is overtracked in February also. But, it appears the tracking was almost perfect in January, so what is your reasoning for supposed overtracking this month?

GreyianStorm said:
XanderZane said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:

No, it's not.

You've claimed VGChartz massively overtracked the PS3 in January and, as a result, believe it is overtracked in February also. But, it appears the tracking was almost perfect in January, so what is your reasoning for supposed overtracking this month?

Being off by 54,800 units is NOT PERFECT. Variation of 3.9% is not acceptable. I never said massively overtracked. I said they are overtracked, period. No system jumps 15% in sales during one of the slowest period with no valid explanation. Sure they had some coupon specials during the week, but that's not enough to push it that high. I'll just wait for the NPD numbers, like I said.

'gaming till I'm gone'

XanderZane said:
GreyianStorm said:
XanderZane said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:

No, it's not.

Being off by 54,800 units is NOT PERFECT. Variation of 3.9% is not acceptable. I never said massively overtracked. I said they are overtracked, period. No system jumps 15% in sales during one of the slowest period with no valid explanation. Sure they had some coupon specials during the week, but that's not enough to push it that high. I'll just wait for the NPD numbers, like I said.

Fortunatly PS3 was least overtracked for that month so even if it's overtracked again it's likely X360 and Wii will be overtracked by higher margin ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

pezus said:
XanderZane said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:
pezus said:
XanderZane said:

No, it's not.

Except you said it's quite obvious, like it's not an opinion but a fact.

It's obvious to me, but the facts will come out later.

This is where VGC has the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii totals for America right now.

PS3 - 259231
Xbox 360 - 409895
Wii - 254036

We'll see  what NPD shows it at later this month. The 360 is also overtrack I'm sure.

'gaming till I'm gone'