By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
XanderZane said:
NYANKS said:
Zlejedi said:
NYANKS said:
Immortal said:

Next week is what we care about, not this insignificant one.

I'm interested in whether or not PS3 can hold this lead over 360 after Americas, though. The 360'll have to drop harshly for it, but I suppose it could.

Lol I appreciate your optimism intensely, but sadly the 360 will win by like 20k.  :(  No way that drop happens.  A PS3 spike would probably be more likely.

I'm more interested if X360 can mantain this lead after February NPD numbers ;)

PS3 UNDERTRACKED!  360 OVERTRACKED by 300,000!  The Wonderswan has actually been the market leader for the last 10 years! 

P.S. It would be hilarious.  And it would only fuel this PS3 undertracked talk.

All the systems are undertracked in U.S. because NPD doesn't track ALL retailers. People keep saying the 360 is overtracked and it's not really since  it definitely undertracked in U.S. The fact that it sales significantly more units in the U.S. means it's undertracked more then PS3 and Wii. The numbers on here will never be accurate unless VGC takes that into consideration, which I doubt they do.

I'm pretty sure they extrapolate for Walmart and such based on quantifiable factors, like estimates of how many people go there and what percentage of goods are purchased by Walmart.  They could even be overtracking by assuming too much from Walmart.  They wouldn't be a very good tracking service if they didn't try to get 100% of the market.

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
4k1x3r said:

PS3 is doing fine, Wii may see its first week under 10k soon, guess DQX will change this a bit. And DS... what to say, even with 3DS coming, it still sells over 20k.

Whenever it comes out.  2012?

I gotta wonder how the guys at Enix feel about going with the "largest userbase" now.

What else could they have gone with?  DS was already getting DQIX and 3DS didn't exist yet.  Even still, I think DQX might go 3DS instead anyway...

DQX reminds me of all those topics saying how PS3 is finished now in Japan and all jrpgs will go to Wii instead ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB