By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy VI (III SNES) heads to Virtual Console!!!!!!

http://www.nintendo-universe.co.uk/2011/02/25/final-fantasy-vi-heads-to-virtual-console/

Final Fantasy VI heads to Virtual Console

Posted 25 February 2011 | Latest News, News, Wii   

It has been announced that Final Fantasy VI, regarded by many as one of the finest additions to Square Enix’s most successful franchise, is due to release on Virtual Console in Japan next month.

The title, which is the last Final Fantasy game from the classic era of Nintendo platforms to make its way onto the service, is due to be available for 900 Wii Points, and has been earmarked by Nintendo as being a premium title.

Further additions to the Japanese download services are Fire Fighting, Last Resort, Puyo Puyo, and Ufouria.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/25/final-fantasy-vi-locked-for-virtual-console-re-release/

Final Fantasy VI Locked For Virtual Console Re-Release

By Spencer . February 25, 2011 . 2:03am

Square Enix has been re-releasing their collection of Final Fantasy games as Virtual Console downloads in Japan. The only game in the series from a classic Nintendo console that isn’t available for Wii is Final Fantasy VI. That’s going to change next month since the Super Nintendo RPG with a taunting octopus popped out of the ocean and onto Nintendo’s March Virtual Console calendar.

Last Resort, the arcade version of Puyo Puyo, and Ufouria are slated for release too. Yes, we got Ufouria before Japan did. Jaleco kicks March off with Fire Fighting, a Super Famicom fire fighting game better known as The Ignition Factor in the West. It costs 800 Wii Points ($8). Final Fantasy VI is considered a premium title and costs 900 Wii Points ($9) in the region.

A handful of Square Enix games are available for Virtual Console in North America. Final Fantasy, the original NES game, is among them

Around the Network

TOO TOO TOO TOO TUUUUUUUUUUUUU TOO TOO TOO TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

TOO TOO TOO TOO TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU TOO TOO TOO TUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

etc etc

I'm amazed that it took them THAT long, but FF VI is INCREDIBLE, I'd buy it AGAIN if I had a Wii.

"Further additions to the Japanese download services are Fire Fighting, Last Resort, Puyo Puyo, and Ufouria."

YES! Finally! I bought a bunch of Nintendo Points intending to get Ufouria a few months ago only to find out it's not on the freaking JP VC! I can finally play it.

Now where's my Gimmick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYcf2yUgblc

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I don't care!

If you're going this far, SE, you might as well give us DQ-DQVI.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network

Oh that reminds me, I have to re-rip my FFVI OST cd's. One of my favorite OST's of all time!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Immortal said:

I don't care!

Immortal said:

I don't care!

Get the latter three on DS, slob.

Xen said:
Immortal said:

I don't care!

Get the latter three on DS, slob.

I already have them, :P. Well, DQIV and DQV, at least.

DQIII is by far my favourite, though. And I wanna try them as the games initially were.

Actually, this probably won't make a difference to me  if what's released in Japan isn't elsewhere, but still...

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:

They'll probably announce this whenever they do the DQX unveiling... FFI-VI were announced when The After Years for WiiWare was revealed and Romancing SaGa 1-3 came with the SaGa 2 DS remake announcement. SE seems to like tying their VC series announcements to new game reveals.

The SE games I really, really want on Virtual Console are the Quintet creation trilogy on SNES though (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia/Time, Terranigma).  And Treasure's Mischief Makers on N64.

DW1-4 I'm honestly not all that interested in. I've got the best version of DQIV on DS already, and I'd rather wait for the (superior) GBC remakes of DW1-3 on the 3DS VC.