By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: 'This is Just the Beginning'

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AussieGecko said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft only really ever surprises at E3 with third party titles they take from Sony. There are few third parties they can take away after Metal Gear (which will most likely be crap). Final Fantasy 13 was already crap.

Yeah MGS Ipod was the last we should have heard about that but it continued haha. FFXIII was horrible from the start, the storyline was a bit shit and that doesnt have a lot to do with porting. 

FFIX is still the best story imo or maybe the one with terra (the daughter of the human/esper)

Actually part of it had a lot to do with porting. I found out that the game was rushed from the start and had to go back to square one just to get things right. If the game never had a focal point of being ported they would've probably focused a little bit more on important things than putting it on another system.This is why I am hoping Versus stays exclusive. SE is expected to make sure the game is the highest quality game they've put out in a while. This is why It would be sad to see it on the 360, because in order to satisfy SE fans, the game will have to be huge. With games like Uncharted, InFamous 2 I can see exactly why people want it to stay exclusive now. The engine and power has to be PS3 dedicated to get a game of epic proportions that will make even FFXIII's grandure look bad.

Wow you have no idea what you're talking about do you? FIrst of all Uncharted could easily be done on the 360. Its an 8 hour game. Second of all I don't know how old you are but I remember FFVII which had a world map, exploration and 40 hours of gameplay for the PS1 and was spread out on 4 discs. So no its not the port that ruined FFXIII. What ruined FFXIII was the devs. The game sucks plain and simple.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Actually part of it had a lot to do with porting. I found out that the game was rushed from the start and had to go back to square one just to get things right. If the game never had a focal point of being ported they would've probably focused a little bit more on important things than putting it on another system.This is why I am hoping Versus stays exclusive. SE is expected to make sure the game is the highest quality game they've put out in a while. This is why It would be sad to see it on the 360, because in order to satisfy SE fans, the game will have to be huge. With games like Uncharted, InFamous 2 I can see exactly why people want it to stay exclusive now. The engine and power has to be PS3 dedicated to get a game of epic proportions that will make even FFXIII's grandure look bad.

If that is the case they shouldnt have ported it, case closed. 

The game was half arsed at best, if you wanted the game get it on PS3 it should have been as simple at that. It is not Ms' fault that S-E finally decided on the money (granted it may have been large) but they are clearly not about the games anymore or they are in a lot more strife then we think

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

V-r0cK said:

I figured they didnt want to but why state an obvious.  I would've liked if instead of actually naming an exclusive they just gave a little hint of something non-Kinect.  But i guess the guy's just doing his job so cant be upset lol    

Probably to remind people.

Remember a year is a long time and also this wasnt an official conference the interview, if it was a conference and someone asked the question you may have a different answer. 

Thinking out loud obviously.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If that is the case they shouldnt have ported it, case closed. 

The game was half arsed at best, if you wanted the game get it on PS3 it should have been as simple at that. It is not Ms' fault that S-E finally decided on the money (granted it may have been large) but they are clearly not about the games anymore or they are in a lot more strife then we think

I agree that it wasn't MS fault, which is why I didn't make a big deal out of it. After I played the game I realized there was a problem. I found out they were half-assing everything from the start.

tuscaniman said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
AussieGecko said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft only really ever surprises at E3 with third party titles they take from Sony. There are few third parties they can take away after Metal Gear (which will most likely be crap). Final Fantasy 13 was already crap.

Yeah MGS Ipod was the last we should have heard about that but it continued haha. FFXIII was horrible from the start, the storyline was a bit shit and that doesnt have a lot to do with porting. 

FFIX is still the best story imo or maybe the one with terra (the daughter of the human/esper)

Wow you have no idea what you're talking about do you? FIrst of all Uncharted could easily be done on the 360. Its an 8 hour game. Second of all I don't know how old you are but I remember FFVII which had a world map, exploration and 40 hours of gameplay for the PS1 and was spread out on 4 discs. So no its not the port that ruined FFXIII. What ruined FFXIII was the devs. The game sucks plain and simple.

With FFVII, I'll leave it up to you to look up why a FFVII remake hasnt been made yet, despite all the reminiscent cries for it. With the tech of today it would send SE into development hell for a decade or more. FFVII would be a book for the Xbox 360 and surely test the PS3 itself. It's the best bet in quality to put the game on the PS3 or even a good gaming PC to balance things out. By the time it came out the graphics demands would be well beyond the 360 as well.

P.S.

Some of you never learn. Exclusives are high in quality because they focus on the strengths of a console. The 360 doesnt have the PS3's strengths and vice versa. The PS3 can showcase a game on a scale the 360 just cannot. The 360 can give you a social experience on a level the PS3 just cannot (or at least not yet). Crysis was meant to be played on the PC and it is sad to even look at the console versions of the game. I hope they make profit...the arrogant pricks.

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
bannedagain said:

WHole lot of sh-t talking going on. Why don't we wait for E3.

I guess hardcore XB360 gamers are worried  about MS concentrating on Kinect and neglecting them...

My two cents, after buying the last PC gaming mag and getting depressed reading it, particularly the bits about shorter and shorter SP campaigns, linear levels, dumbed down gameplay, cheap rip-offs from blockbuster movies, and more sloppiness horrors, is that those that actually neglect hardcore gamers on all platforms are a significant part of 3rd party evelopers and publishers... Luckily both many Sony, MS and Ninty 1st parties and some 3rd parties too are still able to deliver deeper games, but what too many really aren't able to learn from Nintendo is that simple and immediatedly playable by casuals hasn't to mean "shallow". As XB360 relies more on 3rd parties, while Sony and Ninty have more 1st parties, it's obvious that 3rd parties doing so worries more XB360 hardcores.

At this point it may look disappointing but they will not make that hugh of a mistake. If so then they will realize they made the wrong choice in the next gen. I'm sure they got mounds of hate mail pouring in and they are not over looking all of it.

Not only that but Kingdoms shows that they didn't totally put all there eggs in the kinect basket. Most but at that point they did need kinect to succeed. So the right balance needs to happen. People complain about not enough games for kinect and then hardcore. I think they will find the middle ground. People here just over react.

LMAO!!

anyways wait till (X) event in (X) year, they will have surprises like how they hyped up their recent event!!!!!! 

JKZ! XD