By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So what exactly IS Microsofts first Party working on? Losing the Core gamer?

I wish Rare would lose all those awesome game licenses they just seem to sit on

there focus seems to be in dull kinect sports rather than creating something amazing

Around the Network
chocoloco said:

Dude I only think they are pissing off people who own the 360 PS3 duo. For others, they probably could care less if Microsoft makes first party games because third parties are still coming out with very popular games. Most people will be satisfied by this .

Just be careful about complaining about Microsoft because some people think if you complain you must hate kinect and therefore you must hate Microsoft.

Not true, when you complain you show you care by saying a company has to satisfy me to get my money and not anyone else.

None of the PS3/360 owners I know are pissed. The 360 owners I know are talking about buying PS3's, because the year just keeps getting more and more stacked.

guys you really need to chill. Ms have got things planning you can tell. In fact I have never been so confident. Multiplats will easier do me until I see a nice amount of excl coming

Also Gunstringer by reports of people who played it is really good... I dont know if thats in or out of ms directly.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I think its alittle early to be judging Microsoft's performance for 2011. Yes I'm dissapointed that Rare is now a Kinect developer rather then bringing us titles from their established IP's. However it is early in the year and people are judging both Nintendo and now Microsoft.

E3 is still months away and I can't recall when X-11 is if it is happening this year. Its still way to early to make judgements of Microsoft. Wait until after E3 and we know completely what they are releasing. Then you can judge their first party studios!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

AussieGecko said:

guys you really need to chill. Ms have got things planning you can tell. In fact I have never been so confident. Multiplats will easier do me until I see a nice amount of excl coming

Also Gunstringer by reports of people who played it is really good... I dont know if thats in or out of ms directly.

Glad to see you're happy with this. That makes one of us. :)

Around the Network
Joelcool7 said:

I think its alittle early to be judging Microsoft's performance for 2011. Yes I'm dissapointed that Rare is now a Kinect developer rather then bringing us titles from their established IP's. However it is early in the year and people are judging both Nintendo and now Microsoft.

E3 is still months away and I can't recall when X-11 is if it is happening this year. Its still way to early to make judgements of Microsoft. Wait until after E3 and we know completely what they are releasing. Then you can judge their first party studios!

Send a letter the MS and Major Nelson, telling them to stop hyping "blowout events" with no exclusives. That was why this event was getting so much core attention. They suckered us in and gave us nothing. Now we have to wait until June to see what they really meant to say, if anything at all.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

The multiplat games are incredidble and who seriously will buy every ps3 excl and good multiplat game next year? The Multiplat game... Service? is good enough that a console can rest on its laurels and produce a game here and there.

AussieGecko said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The multiplat games are incredidble and who seriously will buy every ps3 excl and good multiplat game next year? The Multiplat game... Service? is good enough that a console can rest on its laurels and produce a game here and there.

Wait..what? Exclusives are important for console identity and to separate it from its competitor. It is extremely important to have exclusives (hopefully first party). Look what third party exclusives did for Sony in the past. They can no longer fulfill such promises in this day and age. Multiplatforms are something multiple platforms will have. We all can enjoy it. Exclusives are not and are the bait to which most cores buy their consoles. The multiplats this year are on fire; I totally agree with you man. The problem with Microsoft is their weak hold on core exclusives.

MS typically has a weak first half (except 2010) and a strong second half. You already have Gears 3 and Forza 4 and maybe one more game and some Kinect games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Wait..what? Exclusives are important for console identity and to separate it from its competitor. It is extremely important to have exclusives (hopefully first party). Look what third party exclusives did for Sony in the past. They can no longer fulfill such promises in this day and age. Multiplatforms are something multiple platforms will have. We all can enjoy it. Exclusives are not and are the bait to which most cores buy their consoles. The multiplats this year are on fire; I totally agree with you man. The problem with Microsoft is their weak hold on core exclusives.

I agree, the xbox has been around for a few years they have a few exclusives already, they are very very good exclusives.

First or 3rd party doesnt really matter as long as you own the name or series. Which what I think is happening with Gears.

I have a ps3, so i dont know if I can say the next bit BUT, with the already extensive library and the multis that are coming out for the 360 (and ps3 as well but focusing on the 360 here) then it wouldnt really get me to buy a ps3. I bought a ps3 for my bro in law and sister, they wanted to play against me online.

No-one even the high gs people would have all the games that are quality atm... that would be crazy. Does MS need to start churning out core exclusives? hell yes, are they resting on their laurels? hell yes. Will this realistically hurt them this much away from places like VGC and IGN forums? Probably not. And that is the thing. My mates last 10 games (average approximation) he has played have been multiplats.

I really dont see the issue. If at E3 they still havent produced then hell I will turn my blow torch on, but honestly, Ms has a lot of tentacles the WP7 area is pretty largely being targetted as well and occording to Jessica Chobot, Fable III will be in 3D on either PC or Xbox360... so that is pretty cool. They are doing it but they have too many areas atm going on.