By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atlus has "No Plans" to release Catherine in North America

makingmusic476 said:

I don't buy it.  You don't make a 360 version if you don't plan to localize it.

This makes sense. I want to play it but won't be a big deal for me if they don't bring it over. 

Around the Network

I highly doubt that ATLUS USA won't localize this. Catherine is one of the most anticipated games among western ATLUS fans. ATLUS localizes titles that are more niche than this.

Anywho I'm not going to import because if I can't understand the Japanese dialogue I see no point. Given that Catherine is basically half visual novel, it's going to be really hard to enjoy the game without being able to understand what's being said in the dialogue. It better get localized. ATLUS USA would be foolish to not localize probably their second most anticipated title (behind only Persona 5. Assuming that's in development).

makingmusic476 said:

Looky looky:

http://www.estarland.com/Playstation3.cat..product.37145.html

Awesome find!

Ha I WISH that listing was legit. June 1st release for the localization? Only a bit over 3 months away. I doubt it would come that early. But June 1st would be nice.

Catherine is probably my most anticipated title of 2011. I loved Persona 3 and 4. And visual novels/Japanese adventure games are one of my favorite types of games (I enjoy them more than RPGs actually). Catherine is half that, half puzzle game. And the story in Catherine looks real interesting. The puzzles would probably kick my ass but apparently Persona Team is tweaking the difficulty downward for those of us who suck at puzzles.

loves2splooge said:

Ha I WISH that listing was legit. June 1st release for the localization? Only a bit over 3 months away. I doubt it would come that early. But June 1st would be nice.

Catherine is probably my most anticipated title of 2011.

Obviously it's all placeholder.  Either way, the company expects the game to be released here at some point.

Around the Network

Another link:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/catherine/90445

Yeah, GameStop makes up BS about pricing and release dates all the time, but they never list something unless it's coming out.  Hell, half the time they don't list things that are coming out.

I notice they didn't deny they could release it elsewhere, EU for example...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Oh that's to bad

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

meh, standard PR talk once again. I say localize if just to inject this medium with some truly mature interpretations of sensuality and eroticism. This is Atlus we're talking about, they're the poster boy for quirkiness. If the MegaTen franchise is released over here I'm positive that Catherine will be

@makingmusic I was thinking the same thing. It makes no sense. The 360 aint that great in Japan, I dont think the cost of having to work on 2 systems if going to cover the 360, but then again maybe it really isnt that expensive