By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atlus has "No Plans" to release Catherine in North America

It takes a certain kind of gamer to appreciate Atlus’ games. They tend to be quirky, difficult, and above all, so heavy with Japanese influence and references that localization must be a trying task indeed.

Looks like we won’t be seeing Atlus’ newest title Catherine, a strange erotic horror-based action puzzler, hit the states. I’m aware that description makes little to no sense, but there simply isn’t a way to nail down what this genre-bending title actually is.

Catherine is currently at the top of Japan’s all-formats chart, holding a sizable lead over runner-up Marvel vs. Capcom 3. That’s right, an Atlus game is at the top of a sales sheet, and it’s a shame we may never get to see it here in the states. Oh well, better get to importing if you want to play this gem.

Source: http://www.ripten.com/2011/02/24/atlus-has-no-plans-to-release-catherine-in-north-america/

Atlus: “No plans” for Catherine in North America

If you’re waiting for Atlus and Team Persona’s bizarre erotic horror-arcade puzzler Catherine to be localised, you may have to wait a little longer: Atlus’ US PR has told BeefJack, very apologetically, there are currently no plans for a North American release.

“Catherine is a Japan-only game and there are no plans for a NA release at this time. Sorry about that!” reads the statement.

Catherine has currently been doing very well for itself in Japan, comfortably beating Marvel vs Capcom 3 to the top of the all-formats chart, though it’s anyone’s guess how much of this was down to the scantily-clad ladies on the box.

I’m playing the import, and I can tell you it’s certainly a great game… though complaints from Japanese players about its difficulty are not exaggerating. Seriously, it makes Demon’s Souls look like a walk in the park. We’ll bring you a longer writeup on BeefJack just as soon as we can.

Source: http://beefjack.com/news/atlus-no-plans-for-catherine-in-north-america/

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

Around the Network

I think ill live.

...time for The Last Story comparisons?

Importing anyway... but how reliable is this beefjack site, first time I hear of it.

The Japanese always keeps their naughty games for themselves...

Around the Network

I don't buy it.  You don't make a 360 version if you don't plan to localize it.

I'm not sure exactly what type of game this is. so far on amazon Japan, it seems that its not entirely a AAA game, its more of an AA game. i tend to trust amazon.jp.

so i'm not sure if i'm too concerned about this being exclusive to JP at the moment. i would like more info really, but i dont think a game like this would be successful here, its not like we're mising out on another Demon's Souls tbh.

They're scared of Fox News.

:facepalm:

DD is the friend of japanese developpers, but they don't use it.

Looky looky:

http://www.estarland.com/Playstation3.cat..product.37145.html