By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How do you like Killzone 3?

To eliminate chaos, multi shoud have cover system. It would be tactical, squad based shooter instead of kill everythink run and gun fps.

I donno GG... what were u thinkin...

Single player kicks ass!!!!

Around the Network
ocean-1984 said:

To eliminate chaos, multi shoud have cover system. It would be tactical, squad based shooter instead of kill everythink run and gun fps.

I donno GG... what were u thinkin...

Single player kicks ass!!!!

I disagree. The one thing I dislike about the multiplayer is how certain classes just hide behind crates for the entire match popping up to shoot. Adding a cover system would only compound this issue. 

Best FPS on the PS3, period.

single player was great one of the best i have ever played in an fps. a lot of action, varied places, everything perfect. Multiplayer is also a lot of fun. i really enjoy the class system and 24 player battles. there is always action.

Jorhan Stahl is a cool new antagonist. GG does know how to make good bad guys.

Around the Network

I love it, but it doesn't work. Apparently theres a huge issue with the dual-layering, and my ps3 (as well as many many others) have been effected by the 3.56 firmware update, and we're unable to play relatively newer games, such as LBP2 and, of course Killzon3. I did play it for a few min before it froze my ps3...and..my god..the online is priceless.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

When Olroc sees the Killzone 3 85 metacritic score he says this:

"This is an...OUT...RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

On the whole i really enjoyed Killzone 3 :) id say its better than kz2 simply because of the improved controls (no lag!) although i stil get that slight feeling of sluggishness in kz3 but it almost never effects me when im playing.

I actually dont get why GG added the sluggishness to the controls, some people said it was to make the player feel the weight and inertia of the character but battlefield bad company does this and theres no lag. Input lag simply does not work as a game mechanic. I hope in kz4 they completely remove the sluggish feel, but have a feel similar to BFBC2.

On the multiplayer side of things i cant say whether its worse or better than kz2 as i never did play kz2 multi, in fact kz3 is my first fps game that i really got into the mp side. And im loving it :) No lag what so ever even on a slow ass 384kbps broadband line here in south africa which is GREAT. Although the campers can be a bit irritating...but this is common to most fps mp games.

The single player was good, but didnt give me that feeling of being in a war quite the same way as kz2 did. The gameplay was better, the story was way better, more variation, and better graphics in kz3 but again didnt get that same feeling of being in a crazy war. And on this note i think reviewers were right when they kinda bashed the sp campaign, it lost the feeling of kz and became something more similar to COD, and failed in doing so. This is the main/only gripe i have with the game and from what i can see same with most reviewers, i think the reviewers were a bit harsh on scores though.

The keznan jungle level in the sp campaign is simple one of the most beuatiful levels in a game ever created the dynamic lighting really shines in that level as well as the contrasting colours they got the look of a helghan jungle spot on!!! Really did wow me :D

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

gmrgrlhtsvwls said:

Agreed.  It's awesome.  I've been playing with the sharpshooter since it launched and I love it.

sharpshooter player... at last i find you... can you tell me how is the learning curve and about its precision?
thanks...

also... i would like to know how is the 3D... is good enough? its a blast? how is it!!!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Just some initial impressions. I first played co-op with my wife for a couple of hours which worked pretty well after we got used to the limited field of view. The controls are great, graphics are great maybe a bit too busy at times, a little heavy on the camera shake and the font should have been bigger. It was pretty easy since we could just keep reviving each other. Only real gripe is ducking for cover, he seems to move his head down 5 inches at most, no use at all.

The story though is awful, we both agreed to skip the cutscenes after the first few. The acting is horrible. My wife asked, do boys really like this stuff? I don't, but I guess it's not much different from cod or gears, standard macho soldier nonsense. So far not knowing the story has had zero impact on the game...

I played the first bit over (until the jungle) with the move. (not available in co-op) It works well but I don't seem to be able to get comfortable sitting with the 2 controllers. My left wrist starts cramping after a while from the navigation controller. Rotating the camera with the move controller takes a while to get used to, I haven't found the sweet spot yet for the dead zone. It's like learning to walk again, unwillingly staring at the floor and ceiling, rotating too fast and missing the stairs ugh.

The graphics are even better in single player ofcourse, I hardly noticed any pop up and there's a lot more graphical effects going on. I still feel like I'm looking through a dirty lens like in kz2, somebody please clean the smudges of my visor.

Good game, but compared to kz2, the first 2 hours of kz2 were better then the first 2 of kz3.