By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How do you like Killzone 3?

I love the game so far, the best FPS experience I had so far (and I played all major ones)!

I still haven't completed the campaign, but I love the story telling so far as well. Graphically the game amongst the best if not the best I have experienced so far. The sharpshooter experience is really good, it feels far more immersive this way than playing with the dualshock 3 controller.

With regard to gameplay mechanics the game makes much better use of sneak attacks, its got a bit like Metal Gear Solid kind of approach. A lot of thought and love went into this title, IMO the game is severely underrated with regard to its metacritic average. This is truly an epic AAA game in every sense of the term judging upon what I played so far!

I haven't played the game online yet, but I loved the online beta, so it's likely to add a lot of potential replay value. And it's free of additional charge for you as well as all your gaming buddies with an internet connection! A great value package compared to top rated past titles!

8-)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

The capaign had it's wow moment's,but the last chapter was just a jumbled mess for me. It felt kind of rushed. I love the multiplayer. I don't like the fact that you can't do custom matches and it's just matchmaking. I like the fact that they added mech's and jetpack's in some maps. The drone for the medic is just way to powerful sometimes. So I give it a 8/10. 

Multiplayer is just ok so far, Its missing the best of K2 stuff.

no spawn on your squad leader, less classes than K2 , cant see where is medic when down, less stats, etc...

Only 3 Operations maps (dlc will fix that), not many ribbons,

I have my favourite class with all guns and perks and i dont see the point of getting more XP...

Do you unlock any perks and ribbons when you go up in ranks? 

Can you have custom games like, pistols only or search and destroy only etc?

ocean-1984 said:

no spawn on your squad leader, less classes than K2 , cant see where is medic when down, less stats, etc...

Only 3 Operations maps (dlc will fix that), not many ribbons.

I have my favourite class with all guns and perks and i dont see the point of getting more XP...

the less classes don't bother me as I love playing as the engineer • of the time anyways. I agree with the point of getting more Xp argument. I also have my favorite class with what I want to have,so that's a legitmate gripe. My one complaint is that they took away the ablitly to make custom matches. If I put that I prefer any map,it keeps putting me in the same map over and over and if I say I prefer a certain map,nobody seems to be playing it,but I love the look and feel of the multiplayer and have been playing the hell out of it.

oldschoolfool said:
ocean-1984 said:

the less classes don't bother me as I love playing as the engineer • of the time anyways. I agree with the point of getting more Xp argument. I also have my favorite class with what I want to have,so that's a legitmate gripe. My one complaint is that they took away the ablitly to make custom matches. If I put that I prefer any map,it keeps putting me in the same map over and over and if I say I prefer a certain map,nobody seems to be playing it,but I love the look and feel of the multiplayer and have been playing the hell out of it.

In many areas it feels like step back from K2.

Around the Network
ocean-1984 said:
oldschoolfool said:
ocean-1984 said:

In many areas it feels like step back from K2.

Well I love the jetpacks in certain maps and the eco skeltons. I also love the new maps. In the custom match making and those types,it absouletly is a step back from K2,so I have to agree with you in that aspect.

Xbbjf9s said:
Porcupine_I said:

finished it last night and it was great! i replayed the last chaper 2 more times

favorite weapons: the wasp and the bolt gun

i thought the story was above average, showing a more emotional side to the helghast, and now we also have confirmation that helghast women exist

i enjoyed it a lot more then Killzone 2.

lol I only realized that during my second playthrough.

but just one. does that shes like the town bike, everyone gets a ride?

enjoying it so far but havent got playing it much.  work. :(  played the multiplayer last night only meant to play one round, next thing i new it was half 1 in the morning.  using the move at first i found it awkward but stuck with it and got used to it. doubt I will use the dualshock in this game the move makes it really fun.

anyone got the sharpshooter is it worth getting?

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

MikeB said:

I love the game so far, the best FPS experience I had so far (and I played all major ones)!

I still haven't completed the campaign, but I love the story telling so far as well. Graphically the game amongst the best if not the best I have experienced so far. The sharpshooter experience is really good, it feels far more immersive this way than playing with the dualshock 3 controller.

With regard to gameplay mechanics the game makes much better use of sneak attacks, its got a bit like Metal Gear Solid kind of approach. A lot of thought and love went into this title, IMO the game is severely underrated with regard to its metacritic average. This is truly an epic AAA game in every sense of the term judging upon what I played so far!

I haven't played the game online yet, but I loved the online beta, so it's likely to add a lot of potential replay value. And it's free of additional charge for you as well as all your gaming buddies with an internet connection! A great value package compared to top rated past titles!

8-)

An excellent post my good sir.

Does anyone know if there is a VGC Killzone 3 clan? I'm looking for people to play Operations with. Keep coming up against clans with little support on my team lol. Many thanks for an answer.

Ah, please do ignore the latter half of my above post, have just discovered the 'Online Gaming' forum.