By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What happened to Marcus PSP?

Ugh. I don't care what happened to him, as long as I don't have to see or (especially) hear him again. If I didn't already have a PSP when this campaign started, I wouldn't have gotten one; it would have pushed me away from the system.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

He died in L.A.I.R.E and no one told him the game was over.

So he didn't convince any of you guys to "Step yo game up", huh?  I actually read somewhere that he boosted PSP sales (albeit just a little bit).  He was an ugly little bastard, though.  That's for sure.  When he disrespected Kevin Butler in the first PSP ad he appeared in, I assumed KB would "make him disappear".  He just made it look like an accident.

badgenome said:

He's dead, Jim. Just like the PSP itself.

But the PSP wasn't last this Week!

OT:
He's dead and gone Thankfully!

I bad ideas die along with the good ones.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

So he didn't convince any of you guys to "Step yo game up", huh?  I actually read somewhere that he boosted PSP sales (albeit just a little bit).  He was an ugly little bastard, though.  That's for sure.  When he disrespected Kevin Butler in the first PSP ad he appeared in, I assumed KB would "make him disappear".  He just made it look like an accident.

Nope, the psp sales increased only for one week in the States the week Peace Walker was released.

He grew up into Rico

naruball said:
d21lewis said:

Nope, the psp sales increased only for one week in the States the week Peace Walker was released.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/02/19/psps-marcus-campaign-showed-positive-sales-effects-says-mccarthy/

Just be warned that there is a pic of Marcus when you click on that link.  Scared the shit outta me.

I was so worried that I would open this thread and see people hopind for his return and then so relieved when I saw everyone else hated him as much as me.

He was almost as bad as those God awful squirrel nut commercials.

I just saw an article as this same question like a week ago.

http://ca.kotaku.com/5765065/hey-whatever-happened-to-marcus-the-psp-mascot

A Sony executive recently declared that Marcus Rivers, the smartass 'tween flack for the PSP who debuted at E3 last year, delivered "positive sales effects," for the handheld. Near as I can tell, that's the first anyone's heard of the little twerp in more than four months.

Marcus still anchors the front of Sony's official PSP page. But he hasn't done a commercial for the device in six months.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"