By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2011 Blu-ray Sales Percentage Tracking

when is blu ray gonna drop its price to compete with DVD...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network
gustave154 said:

Prices have already come down dramatically,  but so have DVDs prices as well.  They will never be close to the same price.

It's curious that a 70 years old movie made the miracle of a 25:75. All hail Bambi.

Kynes said:

It's curious that a 70 years old movie made the miracle of a 25:75. All hail Bambi.

Thats the kind of selling power these Disney Movies have when they get re-released.  Its crazy,  and I could probably garruntee that most people who bought it also own it on VHS and DVD as well. 

Vetteman94 said:

Week Ending  03/05/2011
Blu-ray Ratio = 24:76
Top 20 Blu-ray Ratio =  44:56
Really good numbers this week

It's obviously just because of Megamind:  he's blue and people therefore wanted him in a blue medium. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Good Post

and i like it

how about Discounted Mbt Shoes?

gustave154 said:

I have 138 blu ray movies and I bought most for $6 - $10. Is that cheap enough for you?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Week Ending  03/12/2011

Blu-ray Ratio = 21:79

Top 20 Blu-ray Ratio =  37:63

Im finding my self purchasing more blu ray movies over DVD's these days, I just bought 3 movies for $25 buks total.

Ping_ii said:

Im finding my self purchasing more blu ray movies over DVD's these days, I just bought 3 movies for $25 buks total.

I stopped buying DVDs a long time ago myself. If it's not on Blu Ray then I'll just wait.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo