By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Wii's fall from grace

I remember when the Wii was getting beaten during the second half of last year and was going to get thrashed last holiday season. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
pezus said:
O-D-C said:
pezus said:
O-D-C said:

wait, when did the Wii fall from grace exactly? Last I checked it was still the best selling console this gen...

It went from first to last place in the weekly numbers, that's pretty much it.

OH KNOEWS! 1 week!

4 weeks in a row now...

I should really pay more attention to the numbers

O-D-C said:
pezus said:
O-D-C said:

wait, when did the Wii fall from grace exactly? Last I checked it was still the best selling console this gen...

It went from first to last place in the weekly numbers, that's pretty much it.

OH KNOEWS! 1 week!

1 week? Wii has been in last place for the past 4 weeks. Not to mention that last year Wii was in last place during 15 weeks as well, but it was never last during the first half of the year. This year looks like Wii will be in last place during many more weeks. It's not a matter of "hey it'll bounce back next week" anymore. Wii sales are falling dramatically and there's no signs of that stopping.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

pezus said:
amp316 said:

I remember when the Wii was getting beaten during the second half of last year and was going to get thrashed last holiday season. 

Now it's going to be beaten during the entire year until the holiday season. My prediction ofc.

I also remember when some guy said that GTA IV was going to kill the Wii.

I'm just saying...

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@pezus  seems reasonable to me, what with 3DS right around the corner. The Wii having nothing for the first half of the year. PSP putting up its last fight, PS3 throwing out games like no tommorow, MS' Kinect and above par 3rd party support. 

Around the Network
pezus said:
amp316 said:
pezus said:
amp316 said:

Now it's going to be beaten during the entire year until the holiday season. My prediction ofc.

I also remember when some guy said that GTA IV was going to kill the Wii.

I'm just saying...

Lol, yeah. That was ridiculous, however I don't think my prediction is ridiculous. Wii will be last until the holiday season and then it may become first again.

You could be right.  I just don't see it being as big a deal as some people are making it to be.

I mean cmon', Nintendo already won this generation.

Wii is still way ahead of both PS3/360, (30 mill ) the wii is slow atm, but guess what... The 3DS is just around the corner, there are simply no games for the wii to look at the moment, we need to wait until E3 to begin with this kind of talks...

no 3 parties? Thats not new, aside from capcom, marvelous and some small studios, wii has have almost no support from them since the begining...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

OP:Yes the Wii is absolutely doomed and has FALLEN FROM GRACE.

Sheeeesh man, I bet you've been saying this crap for 5 years. Sorry for being rude, but I've heard all that nonsense before, and the worst is that it comes packaged in a quasi intellectual package.

Helooo new enemies.

oniyide said:

@pezus  seems reasonable to me, what with 3DS right around the corner. The Wii having nothing for the first half of the year. PSP putting up its last fight, PS3 throwing out games like no tommorow, MS' Kinect and above par 3rd party support. 

For the immediate future, PS3 only has the two that are already out, or how soon is Infamous 2?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

oniyide said:

The Wii will be in last until the holiays UNLESS

1. The Wii gets a price cut. (If Sony and Microsoft are aggressive to drop their prices, Nintendo my as well do the same.)

2. They show off some random system seller at E3. (They did it at E3 09 with NSMBWii)

3. The vitality sensor releases this year. (Chances are they have shelved it , or are saving it for the Wii2)

4. Uncharted 3 and Gears 3 get delayed to next year.

1 and 2 are the most likely because the 360 is overdue for a price cut, and who knows what they wil show at E3.