By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Geohot Pleading with Community for Donations in PS3 Jailbreak Case

lol at some of the responses

and this isn't bad for the consumer at all, yeah we will only ever get to use a product the way it was meant to be used, poor poor us thats so terrible.

this dick gets a big fat ZEO from me.

Around the Network

I thought the EFF was helping with the lawyer bills. Oh wells. I'd send him some money but I'm broke :p

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Scoobes said:

Can't believe people are actually donating. The guy's an egotistical fool. He managed to hack the PS3 but then shoved it all into the wild with no thought as to the ramifications.

And to all the people supporting him because of the whole freedom of ownership issue; I seriously doubt anything major will come of this bar the immediate and case related issues being resolved. Honestly, it just sounds like paranoia to me.

They already ruled that it's ok to jailbreak an iphone. Maybe this will help with other hardware that we own. But at the least donating will help a guy get a fair hearing against a company that can spend millions on a court case.

I donated $20

radiantshadow92 said:

Is it just me, or does it look like he's anticipating for something to be shoved in his mouth?

NiKKoM said:

I donated 50 bucks.. If he loses you might not own the stuff you buy.. like your PC..

Do you own a car? 

Around the Network
JWS said:
Scoobes said:

Can't believe people are actually donating. The guy's an egotistical fool. He managed to hack the PS3 but then shoved it all into the wild with no thought as to the ramifications.

And to all the people supporting him because of the whole freedom of ownership issue; I seriously doubt anything major will come of this bar the immediate and case related issues being resolved. Honestly, it just sounds like paranoia to me.

They already ruled that it's ok to jailbreak an iphone. Maybe this will help with other hardware that we own. But at the least donating will help a guy get a fair hearing against a company that can spend millions on a court case.

I donated $20

Thats the thing, it won't help. There is no beating Sony at the money game (unless you actually make more money). You guys are just wasting your money lol. My plan all along 

LivingMetal said:
kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:
kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Porcupine_I said:

great idea! ask the people for money who are too cheap to buy their games

This. Look at the size of his computer room. He is so underprivaliged that he had to hack just to play his games. I feel nothing for him. Also, with him pleading to those like him is the surest way to see not a dime come his way. I mean, why would they give him a dime when they dont pay a dime for games? In the words of PC gamers and Hackers everywhere, "You're expensive! DENIED!"

if you think this guy explores hacking to enjoy pirated games then you are severly mistaken.  Is your hatred based on envy of his wealth?

And he's begging for donations.  Hmmmm...  How much did you give him?

dont worry mate, im loaded i can afford it...

And you condone stealing?

What did he steal?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
LivingMetal said:
kowenicki said:
LivingMetal said:
kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Porcupine_I said:

great idea! ask the people for money who are too cheap to buy their games

This. Look at the size of his computer room. He is so underprivaliged that he had to hack just to play his games. I feel nothing for him. Also, with him pleading to those like him is the surest way to see not a dime come his way. I mean, why would they give him a dime when they dont pay a dime for games? In the words of PC gamers and Hackers everywhere, "You're expensive! DENIED!"

if you think this guy explores hacking to enjoy pirated games then you are severly mistaken.  Is your hatred based on envy of his wealth?

And he's begging for donations.  Hmmmm...  How much did you give him?

dont worry mate, im loaded i can afford it...

And you condone stealing?

What did he steal?

The enabler is just as guilty as the enablee.

radiantshadow92 said:
JWS said:
Scoobes said:

I donated $20

Thats the thing, it won't help. There is no beating Sony at the money game (unless you actually make more money). You guys are just wasting your money lol. My plan all along 

I hate to say it but you may be right. It's a sad day when big companies can buy any court result they want.

Hell no i am not donating to this guy lulz

I'd rather donate to Sony 

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909