By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NGP vs 3DS: Which One Do You Want, Or Will Be Getting?

NGP vs 3DS: Which One Do You Want, Or Will Be Getting?

I want a NGP 55 20.60%

I will be getting a NGP 46 17.23%

I want a 3DS 40 14.98%

I will be getting a 3DS 91 34.08%

I don't like handhelds 5 1.87%

I just want to see the results of the poll 30 11.24%

Total:267

NGP vs 3DS, which one do you want or will be getting?

Feel free to discuss which one you think is best.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

Around the Network

I have plans to get the 3DS, though I think we may be seeing a lot more cross-platform games with these two compared to the current gen. The control methods are very similar. The main difference would be the NGPs lack of a second screen, but some games could rearrange menuing systems for a similar outcome.

I'm unsure if I want a handheld console at all. Not sure it fits my lifestyle at the moment, I don't have long work commutes or spent days away from my console.

However I'm currently more swayed by the NGP. It's better media functions appeal to me more as something I'll actually use on the go and the type of games it's making appeal to me more as something I'd want to play. The big doubt in my mind is obviously, if I'm at home with my PS3, why would I play on a handheld? Well, I'll have to be shown enough quality software to sway me I guess. By the time the thing comes out though, I'll have moved house and most likely won't have as much access to the TV anyway >_>.

At first I wanted a 3DS when it was shown, but the price threw me off a bit and the games just haven't done anything for me, which is a shame as someone who grew up on Nintendo consoles. I might buy one one day if the inevitable Pokemon game really sways me, but I doubt I'll be picking up Black and White anytime near launch...

In all honesty I think a few quality JRPG's on the NGP will be enough to convince me, as the consoles don't seem to get many anymore :(. I always finds I'm turned off by handheld JRPG's for whatever reason, but I'm hoping the NGO's hardware strengths can negate those issues.

I kinda want an NGP but i will be poor when it comes out from going to college.

i want an NGP 

i doubt i will be able to afford one tho considering the premiums i have to pay for living in the best country in the world (australia). 

i will get one at some stage when the price is cheaper and it comes with an few games and the collection of games are larger with cheaper games to buy as well. So an year down the line. 

I should also learn japanese because if buying such expensive device at least with the NGP there will most likley be an constant supply of Japanese games like the PSP in the future. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

3DS. The list of games is impressive, the features look cool and it'll be kinda affordable, as opposed to the NGP, which will almost certainly be over $300...

If it's under $300, maybe NGP as well. But definitely 3DS ATM  

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Companies should have realized by now that the most powerful console never wins.

I have plans to get the 3DS.

At this moment, I really would love to own both of them.  Of course the lack of money will cause that love to not come to pass :(.

Nobody is going to get a NGP?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996