By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 360 owners would you wanted trophies then gamerscore and vice versa for ps3

360 owners would you wanted trophies then gamerscore and vice versa for ps3

Gamerscore 81 40.30%

Trophies 100 49.75%

none of the above 19 9.45%

Total:200
JazzyJeez said:

The exact same reasoning can be applied to trophies, personally I see very little difference between the two and peoples preference is clearly driven by which console they game on the most, which your final paragraph gives a clear indication.

I Agree with this.

Around the Network

the trophy system is better but achievements come up quicker

Seece said:

Achievements are better due to the support, (in every game (XBLA), dedicated sites Mygamercard and trueachievements) other than that there is littler difference. And having dedicated suport on Xbox.com so you can compare to friends lists, which is the whole point of these as they're just about bragging and completing. Does PS3 trophies have this yet?

People saying "er what is gamerscore then"? well .. what does levelling up in trophies mean? What is level 7 to me? I don't know if that's low or high, just like 50k gamerscore. So shut up.

Platinums - 100%.

Gold,Silver, Bronze = 10, 25, 50, 100 GS ...

The only argument PS3 fans have is "oh it's just easier to see how people have done by looking at platinums".

So all that said, obviously Achievements

you can do that on the playstation website after you log in.

Seece said:

Achievements are better due to the support, (in every game (XBLA), dedicated sites Mygamercard and trueachievements) other than that there is littler difference. And having dedicated suport support on Xbox.com so you can compare to friends lists, which is the whole point of these as they're just about bragging and completing. Does PS3 trophies have this yet?

People saying "er what is gamerscore then"? well .. what does levelling leveling up in trophies mean? What is level 7 to me? I don't know if that's low or high, just like 50k gamerscore. So shut up.

Platinums - 100%.

Gold,Silver, Bronze = 10, 25, 50, 100 GS ...

The only argument PS3 fans have is "oh it's just easier to see how people have done by looking at platinums".

So all that said, obviously Achievements

there are plenty of websites that allow you to do that with the trophys, ps3 tropies.org, ps3trophies.com are some popular ones you can also do it through the ps3 XMBs

all PSN titles have trophies since the trophies were available

what do trophy levels mean? they mean the higher you are the more you got also the higher you are the more it takes to reach next level, so one game platinum would probably take you straight to level 3 or 4 when you 1st start but if you were at higher levels you wouldnt advance up as much as you did at first you would need more trophies

yes achievements have 10 50 ect but there not on the main profile for trophy profiles or what is displayed when someone looks at your profile on PSN it shows the amount of trophies for each type right away along with your level and total trophies with out having to go through each game

Play Me

i would say both are tied

tropy's look cooler and tell the person more info

with gamertags you can actually buy stuff from xbox live but hardly aand plus xbox live costs my 60 dollars a year and psn is free so i would say tied

Around the Network

Don't care for either. If I had to choose though, it would be trophies, though a major positive about gamerscore is that every piece of 360 software supports it.

I prefer Achievements, mainly because I have a 360 and am more familiar with them.  With the quick ability to compare games with folks it is very easy to see if someone is skilled or not in any one particular game.  If, as I understand it, you get a platinum on ps3 for completing a game, I would argue that getting your platinum count up would be just as easy as getting an artificial gamerscore up.. beating super easy games (like king kong or CSI) gives you an easy 1000 gamer score, or an easy platinum trophy (yes?).  So I don't see a high platinum trophy count as something I'd need to gravitate toward, particularly because you can easily view each game that a friend has "closed out" (gained all possible achievements for), and that is a very strong indicator of their abilities. 

That said, if achievements were never around and it was a trophy system all the way around, I am quite sure I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.  It is fun. It is a way to measure gamer-fortitude. It can shape the way you play (or don't play) some games.  In the end, they are great tools to make us all tools!

I own both....

Gamerscore is clearly better.  It's what you'd call "clean". 

It's simple, easy to take in.

It's not like the Olympics where you have to do some kind of crazy math problem weighing different medals to try and figure out who really won.

Points, sure you can always pad your points.  However Trophies, in a way NOT getting a Platnium almost makes it look WORSE that your ratio isn't perfect... even though it may of been because you own a tougher game.

I just got to level 12 on psn

I beat Heavy Rain and it only went up by 5% anyone who is higher NEEDS TO HAVE PLATINUMS.

unlike the gamerscore having it high means they played a lot of games.

on ps3 high lvl but low trophies mean lots of platinums.

I'm a little confused right now >.>  <.<

AussieGecko said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

Wii friend codes. I like big numbers and Wii friend codes provide bigger numbers than the other two.

um... wha?

He's talking about his e-penis.