By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 360 owners would you wanted trophies then gamerscore and vice versa for ps3

360 owners would you wanted trophies then gamerscore and vice versa for ps3

Gamerscore 81 40.30%

Trophies 100 49.75%

none of the above 19 9.45%

Total:200

Here is an question would 360 owners rather of wanted trophies instead of an gamer score and for ps3 owners an gamer score then trophies. 

Well pre late 2008 before i broke out of the wii and powered online with my new Ps3 i did play an year of my brothers 360 while my wii gathered dust and the ps2 was traded for it. And gamer score didn't really hit on me but trophies seemed more down the earth then an number.

but thats only by opinion and rather here from the vg community. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

I dont own xbox 360 anyone mind telling me what GAMERSCORE is like or what the hell it is?

anikikim said:

I dont own xbox 360 anyone mind telling me what GAMERSCORE is like or what the hell it is?

gamerscore is basically instead of trophies you get an amount of points for finishing trophy situations. Gamerscore covers all of 360 games, even the early ones. So your total gamerscore is just a culmination of all the scores, without bonus packs 1000 is the max for a retail game, 200 for a xbla as far as I know.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

gamerscore for mine. I am used to it I suppose, but "platinum" has come into 360 terminology as well, so maybe a mix would be nice.

I prefer trophies as it gives a breakdown of performance and an indication of how many games you have 'really' completed.

Around the Network

I don't really see the point of either.

Well I preffer gamerscore tbh, trophies just seem like such a bitch to collect especially the plats whereas getting a shitload of little achievements can make up or one platinum, so you can have massive gamerscore by just playing games and not platting them, and make it seem like you have platted quite a few games, doesn't make any sense, I know >_>

But there is an option to view how many achievements you have, I think achievements = trophies, the only thing is those achievements are not separated into types of achievements so it's just general lumping.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

NotStan said:

Well I preffer gamerscore tbh, trophies just seem like such a bitch to collect especially the plats whereas getting a shitload of little achievements can make up or one platinum, so you can have massive gamerscore by just playing games and not platting them, and make it seem like you have platted quite a few games, doesn't make any sense, I know >_>

But there is an option to view how many achievements you have, I think achievements = trophies, the only thing is those achievements are not separated into types of achievements so it's just general lumping.

haha from your explanation I prefer trophies. HAHA

I prefer Trophies. There are already "exp" and "lvl" on PSN, and trophies give you more information about the player. 2 gamers with the same gamerscore of 50,000 can mean totally different things....but on PSN, when you see 2 players with the same Lvl, maybe one have 3423423 bronze trophies, while another have less trophies and games but try to get more platinums...

I think that gamerscore incentives you for buying more games to get easy points....However with Trophies, the gamer is incentived to actually play more the games that he buy.

Thats my opinion.

Onibaka - If you merely look at someone's score it can be misleading. People often comment on my score, but I always tell them there are people with half my score who who have a better gamerscore than me, because if you actually take some time to look at their profile you can see they have accomplished more things and are clearly better gamers.

Gamerscore covers both bases for me. It may seem superficial,but it shows the volume of games you play and, given the proper scrutiny, your gaming prowess.  

I have a PS3, but I rarely play it. I haven't switched it on since GoW3 and don't intend on doing so again until UC3. Clearly my preference is with the 360, however, (I hope) I'm old enough (41) and mature enough to be over the whole fanboy thing when I say I'd take Gamerscore over Trophies every day of the week.