By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wich will sell more: Mario Sports Mix or Kinect Sports?

Beuli2 said:
Seece said:

"I believe there is a change for it to be outleged (the main difference being Japan)."

It's down to 5k weekly, exactly what significance is Japan to any of this?

There is a difference of over 600k between MSM and KS there. And if it sells 5k/week, there is a 5k increase in the gap there, as KS has long disapeared the charts.

Well, from now on it's not going to make any impact. So no point even mentioning it. MSM has a 2 mill lead to make up where both games are only selling in Americas and Others

Around the Network

I can't see MSM reaching 5m, if that, so probably not. Nintendo needs another real Mario IP akin to MK and NSMB.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:

I can't see MSM reaching 5m, if that, so probably not. Nintendo needs another real Mario IP akin to MK and NSMB.

Mario Party got pretty huge before they killed it.  I think NdCube will bring the series back though, but as a "once in a generation" sort of way, like NSMB and Mario Kart.

The Mario RPGs are pretty big sellers too.  Can't wait for Paper Mario 3.

jarrod said:
Immortal said:

Mario Party got pretty huge before they killed it.  I think NdCube will bring the series back though, but as a "once in a generation" sort of way, like NSMB and Mario Kart.

Well, "real" meaning 20m plus - something that sets new records, something that everyone plays, something that brings a console back from the dead.

Not to say that the other Mario franchises aren't awesome, though, just they're not on the same level in sales.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
jarrod said:
Immortal said:

Well, "real" meaning 20m plus - something that sets new records, something that everyone plays, something that brings a console back from the dead.

Not to say that the other Mario franchises aren't awesome, though, just they're not on the same level in sales.

I think Mario Party could get to a consistent 10m plus if handled right.  Maybe even 20m too actually.

Around the Network

Definitely Kinect Sports- I do'nt see Mario Sports Mix selling over 4mill

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Definitely Kinect Sports.

Mario Sports games sell well but not nearly on the level of Mario platformers.  Kinect Sports, on the other hand, is a system seller for the 360.

Even at my most biased, there is no way that I can spin it to look like Mario Sports Mix has a chance. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger