By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to out future-proof the ps3?

360 to out future-proof the ps3?

True 121 31.19%

False 267 68.81%

Total:388

360s sales for there 300 and 400 buck kinect bundles accounted for about 220k of there recent npd of 380k meaning 160k where 199 arcades and 299 250gb stand alone or two free game console skus

givin the fact the the $299 360 comes with a bigger HDD than the $299 PS3 and in some cases two games if you imagine things being "equalized" as said in here the sales in the 360s strongest region wouldn't be that much higher than the PS3

Play Me

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Yakuzaice said:

I'm too lazy to do the math, but I'd assume the higher sales for the PS3 in Japan/Europe would balance out the average price when looking WW.  Not really sure why you mentioned WW after all your points had been about the US though.

i'm not sure how you can discuss the sales of the 360 without a strong US/UK focus as those are its best markets.

also, to my knowledge: other than the 360 in the US and the psp in japan there aren't any shortages that would effect hardware sales.

so while my main focus is WW the US is the most important piece of data...or something.

Well that's my point.  You're using US specific data such as the $50 GC and shortages of non kinect consoles to make a comment about WW average selling price.  The PS3 sells for much more than $250 (or $300 for that matter) in the rest of the world, but you only made a point of a US promotion and then extrapolated it to WW average selling price.

BHR-3 said:

360 had at least one gift card deal for Jan

i can easily get 250gb forza 3 and alan wake bundle for 299 and walmart in store

360 as not been outselling the ps3 WW since remodel  not even for the month of jan

i dont think it has to do anything with kinect look at npds and WW pre kinect launch imo its the remodel causing most of this

and if it does have to do with it then sales might drop soon as there was a rumor MS will axe one of the kenict bundles most likely the 299 one

also i believe 360s days of yoy increases are numbered and all this kinect saved the 360 talk wont be brought up as much

No way, BHR-3 thinks that the 360 sales are going to drop and PS3 sales are going to skyrocket past it?  How shocking I would have never guessed.

Also your point of being able to get something off the internet is always, and always has been one of the worst arguments for gauging sales and trends.  Gamestop is the largest selling video game retailer on Earth and I can tell you beyond shadow of a doubt that we see FAR more 360's selling at the $299 price point and up than not that.  Regardless of how you feel currently the 360 and PS3 are at just about an even playing field in terms of price.

BenVTrigger said:
BHR-3 said:

i can easily get 250gb forza 3 and alan wake bundle for 299 and walmart in store

360 as not been outselling the ps3 WW since remodel  not even for the month of jan

i dont think it has to do anything with kinect look at npds and WW pre kinect launch imo its the remodel causing most of this

and if it does have to do with it then sales might drop soon as there was a rumor MS will axe one of the kenict bundles most likely the 299 one

also i believe 360s days of yoy increases are numbered and all this kinect saved the 360 talk wont be brought up as much

No way, BHR-3 thinks that the 360 sales are going to drop and PS3 sales are going to skyrocket past it?  How shocking I would have never guessed.

Also your point of being able to get something off the internet is always, and always has been one of the worst arguments for gauging sales and trends.  Gamestop is the largest selling video game retailer on Earth and I can tell you beyond shadow of a doubt that we see FAR more 360's selling at the $299 price point and up than not that.  Regardless of how you feel currently the 360 and PS3 are at just about an even playing field in terms of price.

I'd bet Walmart is a bigger retailer and it sells video games too, so there goes that theory not to mention GB is USA only so that skews any data you get from them quite significantly and makes it useless when looking at worldwide 

Demonslayersoultaker said:
BenVTrigger said:
BHR-3 said:

I'd bet Walmart is a bigger retailer and it sells video games too, so there goes that theory not to mention GB is USA only so that skews any data you get from them quite significantly and makes it useless when looking at worldwide 

First of all you need to research your facts.  Gamestop generates more revenue off of video games than any retailer on Earth.  So no Wal-Mart isn't.  They are a larger franchise than we are but not a larger Video game retailer.

Seondly  Gamestop is FAR from USA only.  We currently have over 2,000 International stores and over 7,000 locations as a company.  Trust me I'm pretty high up in the company and if you would like to discuss more about us I'd be more than happy too.  I don't base anything I say numbers wise on theory I base them off of numbers that I see.

Around the Network

and to correct my post above I meant to put 5,000 stores and accidentaly put 7,000, though in actuality when you include EB games and such which we also own the number comes out to almost 7,000.  Also we own and operate the largest video game magazine on Earth, GameInformer if you need any more info on that here you go straight from Gamestop corporate.

"Ranked 255 on the Fortune 500 annual listing of public companies, GameStop is the world’s largest video game and entertainment software retailer. The company operates more than 6,500 retail stores worldwide, as well as GameStop.com and EBgames.com. Game Informer magazine, a leading multi-platform video game publication, is also an important part of the GameStop family."

BenVTrigger said:
Demonslayersoultaker said:
BenVTrigger said:
BHR-3 said:

First of all you need to research your facts.  Gamestop generates more revenue off of video games than any retailer on Earth.  So no Wal-Mart isn't.  They are a larger franchise than we are but not a larger Video game retailer.

Seondly  Gamestop is FAR from USA only.  We currently have over 2,000 International stores and over 7,000 locations as a company.  Trust me I'm pretty high up in the company and if you would like to discuss more about us I'd be more than happy too.  I don't base anything I say numbers wise on theory I base them off of numbers that I see.

2000 international stores that's it and you're probably counting EB in that, it's still useless worldwide, and how much of that revenue is from screwing people over on used games, you get 3 times the profit from a used game then a new one, and used has nothing to do with game sales, so again results skewed especially when talking worldwide 

BenVTrigger said:
BHR-3 said:

no one said im getting it off the internet ive seen em in store

and i agree that "getting something off the internet is always, and always has been one of the worst arguments for gauging sales and trends" which would mean that the OP and all others saying they checked the interwebz and found that non-kinect 360's are not available are also bad arguments even Npd jan shown they do still exist and are being sold  

also putting words in others mouths is also a no no never once did i say ps3 would sky rocket past it in here, but what i can tell you is another well known MS fan on this site did the exact same thing regarding PS3>360 as early as Jan of this year and it turn out he got owned

you dont think we'll see the end of yoy increase? why not 360 in EU recently is a long ways of where it was july -oct last yr and is trending the same as it was this time last year despite kenict remodel ect. and dont think for one sec that the 360 will out do its Jun-Oct WW numbers even in US for that time not even close

Play Me

jump in , it has potential!!!!!

Toastrules said:
MonstaMack said:

It's kinda funny actually.

Prior to the Kinect bundles the 360 was the cheapest option at $199 (before the Wii price drop) and a lot of Sony fans said that the more expensive console was selling just as well. But now when you factor in people buying Arcades with the Kinect ($300) and the expensive 250gig with Kinect ($400) I'd say the playing field is more even, and that Microsoft is doing better as the higher priced console - especially when you factor in $60 a year for live and people buying hard drives for their arcades ($130 MSRP) and some wireless adaptors for the old units ($100).

Microsoft has the advantage here over the PS3. Not the other way around.

Mmhmm... Not to be offending or anything, but it makes me sick seeing how much money Microsoft is making through Xbox and Kinect, while this is the year of the Ps3, and the fact that PSN is free, and the fact that Sony let consumers buy their own hard drives, and the fact that the Ps3 came with WiFi already in...

I try my best not to put my pro-Sony feelings in statements that I make, but honestly, Microsoft is making so much more than Sony, while Sony is trying, and failing, to please it's customers and make large amounts of money at the same time.

What the hell is Sony doing wrong?

Sony did force a lot of stuff on us in the begining.  I had no need whatsoever of a Blu-Ray player or wifi when the PS3 first came out and I was forced to buy them anyways.  Now that I have a better tv its great and all but at the time it was just a damnd waste.  So its just your opinion that they are pleasing the consumer base better than MS.   

Basically my thoughts are that both are huge companies who don't really give 2 shits about whatever you the consumer wants.  They want to make a dollar just like any other company.  People need to get over these idiotic ideas that huge corporations care for you.  They don't, they care for the bottom line and their investors and nothing else.  

Your loyalties should be to the individual games that are produced for these consoles and not the consoles themselves.  I would much rather praise a game than its console.  Because the game is what I am interested in, not what console its played on.  Currently I favor my 360 still, just because I am addicted to Reach.  I am starting to play little big planet a lot more now though.  So I may go back to the PS3 for a little while. 

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!