By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 360 to out future-proof the ps3?

360 to out future-proof the ps3?

True 121 31.19%

False 267 68.81%

Total:388
AussieGecko said:
Demonslayersoultaker said:

I'm just leveling the playing field, how is a level playing field bad parameters? 

You said a good game needs a bigger HDD I proved you wrong so you changed your parameters. You are not levelling the playing field at all. You are moving the boundaries to suit your argument. Again like the other thread if you dont give me sufficient reason why they shouldnt be counted in the next reply then I wont reply. I am sick of repeating myself to you.

Banned Again is probably also sick of it.

I said a bigger HD makes for potentially better games learn to read, I didn't move my boundaries, portal is better then braid, LBP better then Limbo 

Around the Network

I said a bigger HD makes for potentially better games learn to read, I didn't move my boundaries, portal is better then braid, LBP better then Limbo 

Portal 1: still alive was also a downloadable title only on the XBLA. You lose thread over. You did move your boundaries even in your final statement. You said DVD couldnt do what BLU-RAY can, and i disproved that with games.

LBP in your opinion is better than limbo, for what its worth I agree, not everyone does.

Portal, Braid, Limbo <- all = XBLA titles.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

hiroko said:

i bet..that at the end of this gen... there are 10:1 more ps3 exx games then x360 soo nooo ps3 is futere proof

depends on what you state exlcusive, console exclusive or exclusive exclusive. Exlcusive exlcusive i might still be interested but console exlc def.

AussieGecko said:

Portal 1: still alive was also a downloadable title only on the XBLA. You lose thread over. You did move your boundaries even in your final statement. You said DVD couldnt do what BLU-RAY can, and i disproved that with games.

LBP in your opinion is better than limbo, for what its worth I agree, not everyone does.

Portal, Braid, Limbo <- all = XBLA titles.

Portal is bigger then braid, didn't move my boundaries at all and again if you think size makes no difference to games go back to playing games that are under 1 MB, and theres a reason I say potentially some games just suck and some games make the most of less, but the best game using 25 GB will be better then the best game using 6.8 GB 

Portal is bigger then braid, didn't move my boundaries at all and again if you think size makes no difference to games go back to playing games that are under 1 MB, and theres a reason I say potentially some games just suck and some games make the most of less, but the best game using 25 GB will be better then the best game using 6.8 GB 

Stop being full of BS, firstly Woopadee Portal may be bigger than Braid, its still XBLA, which has size constraints. Dont patronise me, the games Im playing work well on a dual layer DVD but thanks for asking. Again we go to multiplats, that is why I brought them in long ago. size means NOTHING! in terms of gaming stop pretending it does.

Bored now, cya. Dont reply, I am not gonna reply back.

Around the Network
AussieGecko said:

Stop being full of BS, firstly Woopadee Portal may be bigger than Braid, its still XBLA, which has size constraints. Dont patronise me, the games Im playing work well on a dual layer DVD but thanks for asking. Again we go to multiplats, that is why I brought them in long ago. size means NOTHING! in terms of gaming stop pretending it does.

Bored now, cya. Dont reply, I am not gonna reply back.

I said a bigger game makes a potentially better game and thats true, it has nothing to do with xbl, and almost all ps3 exclusives are better then multiplats/360 exclusive counterparts how do you explain that, oh right you are in denial about that, and 8.5 still isn't that much, devs are making the most out of dvd but it's not enough anymore and if you weren't so stupid you know that and again if size means nothing go play games that are 1 MB instead of 8.5 GB

I don't know what to say. It is obvious that idiot has invaded...

Tease.

I don't think it will, After all, the PS3 is a more powerful piece of hard ware. The only issue I see is that, when the nextbox comes out, will the PS3 have the advantage over it. I don't think so. Sony really screwed themselves this gen in the gaming dept. (and for the benefit of those sad little fanboys, I will clarify)Sony really made up for the gaming dept loss with Bluray. I think If MS plays their hand right, and come out with the Nextbox before Sony is ready to release their next gen model, Sony could be forced to retire the PS3 earlier than they planned. at this point, the 360 being future proof is not in MS's best interest imo.

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

Tony_Stark said:

I don't think it will, After all, the PS3 is a more powerful piece of hard ware. The only issue I see is that, when the nextbox comes out, will the PS3 have the advantage over it. I don't think so. Sony really screwed themselves this gen in the gaming dept. (and for the benefit of those sad little fanboys, I will clarify)Sony really made up for the gaming dept loss with Bluray. I think If MS plays their hand right, and come out with the Nextbox before Sony is ready to release their next gen model, Sony could be forced to retire the PS3 earlier than they planned. at this point, the 360 being future proof is not in MS's best interest imo.

I think if this gen has taught me anything is that better specs don't mean a better console and deffinatly don't mean better appeal to consumers. The Wii has sold as much as it has sold while not even being HD, the people who bought it didn't buy it for that. Personally i prefer my PS3's library of games but i don't see any real difference between them and the 360 games. There are games on both which have outstanding graphics and games which have average graphics. Digital Foundry would tell you that most multi-platform games tend to run better on 360, especially Rockstar games.

In my opinion the cost of Blu-Ray players now being so low has actually hurt potential PS3 sales and if anything has made the console less future proof. You can buy a player now for £50 in the UK. A far cry from the days when you had to pay £300 for the PS3 to play films. This means people interested in watching films no longer have to go the expensive route and buy a console.

Streaming technology is obviously the future. It has already revolutionised some industries such as music. And it is now doing the same with renting films.

So really while the 360 and PS3 are connected to the internet and can both offer the ability to stream media they are both as future proof as each other. Neither has any advantage over the other, especially not in a consumer sense.

MS just launched a new add on which will add many years to the life of the 360. They will be in no hurry to enter the next gen. We still got at least a good 3 years or so i bet before we see anything from either Sony or Microsoft. My money will be on Nintendo bringing out a new console before both of them. 

welshbloke said:

OK you seem to be missing the point somewhat so for one final time I will try and explain the situation as it was back then. The consumer did not choose Blu Ray Sony did, they decided that to play games on the Playstation you would need a Blu Ray disc. The consumer did not make this decision it was Sony's based on there requirements and needs.

HD DVD was in fact the only paltform selling players in any number. The PS3 was a console that could also play HD content via Blu Ray discs. It was the companies providing content that decided ultimately what platform to have and it was Warner Brothers eventual climb down.

Lastly the HD DVD disc itself was capable of having one side DVD and one side HD DVD. This meant 1 disc not two and towards the end it was common for disc to contain both formats. It may be that some discs today come with a DVD inside the box but this is not the norm, I would suggest that this was the direction HD DVD was heading and so it probably would of become the norm and would of allowed the easier migration of content to HD. HD DVD was also normally cheaper than Blu Ray.

So now that I have laboured the point the consumer did not choose Blu Ray the content providers did.

Sony did kill off HD DVD but I will not droan on about that you should just look up the history and who was in what camp and what allegiances they had to Sony and you should find that out for yourself.

Again, you seem to be blinded by either your dislike of Blu-ray and/or your love of HD-DVD.  Consumers made the choice, not Sony.  Just like consumers chose VHS over Sony's Betamax, it's the same for all format wars.  It doesn't matter what Sony chose to put out there in the market, without consumer support it would have failed.  Like I said, no one had to buy its players or the PS3.  They could have bought HD-DVD players and the 360.  Yes, some movie studios supported Blu-ray, but HD-DVD had its supporters, too (MS, Intel, Warner, Universal, Paramount).  And if Blu-ray had failed, its supporters would have moved over to HD-DVD.  However, consumers ultimately backed Blu-ray over HD-DVD.  So, really, it's one of those situations where you just need to get used to it.