Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
d21lewis said:
chris.m95 said:

How can anyone like uncharted i hate it!

And I guess I would be hypocritical if I didn't wag my finger at this post, too.  You do realize that it's possible for people to enjoy things that you don't, right?  Everyone has their opinion but can you deny that the Uncharted series is one of the best looking, smoothest playing, most polished games on the market?  I hate sports games but I can at least understand why some people love them.

Ok sorry that is harsh. Its just that from my opinion i find it hard to see how people could like the uncharted series. i never meant this to put anyone down it just confuses me as to how people like it.

You know to apologise, chris.m95. Me and hundreds of poeple will agree that uncharted is a good game. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that the game is bad. It is the highest rated PS3 exclusive and this shows that you are part of the very small minority that don't like Uncharted.

Shut up hamas! coming from the guy who said twisted metal is shit when u havnt even played it. Just caus people like a game doesnt mean i cant.

1. You lier! I never said Twisted Metal is shit (I said that I think that Uncharted 3 will be better, thats my opinion). How can I judge a game if hasn't been released yet? 

2. Who gave you permission to post my name on the internet?

3. "Just caus people like a game doesn't mean i can't." You are basically saying that you can't like Uncharted because other poeple like it. What YOU actually want to say is: Just because other poeple like a game (Uncharted) doesn't mean that i have to like it. 

4. "Shut up" is not approapiate language to use in the forums. 

5. Have you heard of apostrophies?

Lol u make me laugh! Hey it was u that made me post that comment caus u annoyed me that day! That comment was 4 (sorry d21lewis i never meant u or any1 else i was just annoyed that day when i posted this)

1. Its because, not caus

2. Its you, not u

3. Its for, not 4

4. Its anyone, not any1

5. What comment are you talking about?

6. I should have a capital letter.

7. "Lol u make me laugh!" Wrong tense mate, what you should have said is: Lol you (not u) made me laugh.

Hey are you an english teacher all of a sudden?

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
d21lewis said:
chris.m95 said:

And I guess I would be hypocritical if I didn't wag my finger at this post, too.  You do realize that it's possible for people to enjoy things that you don't, right?  Everyone has their opinion but can you deny that the Uncharted series is one of the best looking, smoothest playing, most polished games on the market?  I hate sports games but I can at least understand why some people love them.

Ok sorry that is harsh. Its just that from my opinion i find it hard to see how people could like the uncharted series. i never meant this to put anyone down it just confuses me as to how people like it.

You know to apologise, chris.m95. Me and hundreds of poeple will agree that uncharted is a good game. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that the game is bad. It is the highest rated PS3 exclusive and this shows that you are part of the very small minority that don't like Uncharted.

Shut up hamas! coming from the guy who said twisted metal is shit when u havnt even played it. Just caus people like a game doesnt mean i cant.

1. You lier! I never said Twisted Metal is shit (I said that I think that Uncharted 3 will be better, thats my opinion). How can I judge a game if hasn't been released yet? 

3. "Just caus people like a game doesn't mean i can't." You are basically saying that you can't like Uncharted because other poeple like it. What YOU actually want to say is: Just because other poeple like a game (Uncharted) doesn't mean that i have to like it. 

Lol u make me laugh! Hey it was u that made me post that comment caus u annoyed me that day! That comment was 4 (sorry d21lewis i never meant u or any1 else i was just annoyed that day when i posted this)

1. Its because, not caus

2. Its you, not u

3. Its for, not 4

4. Its anyone, not any1

7. "Lol u make me laugh!" Wrong tense mate, what you should have said is: Lol you (not u) made me laugh.

if people were this serious about language in school, there would'nt be so many illiterates.

whats the point wasting your time on it on the internet where it doesnt matter?

Hey im literate i just cba to write it all out in a long boring way when its much quicker to write (k, u etc)

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

fps_d0minat0r said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
d21lewis said:
chris.m95 said:

1. Its because, not caus

2. Its you, not u

3. Its for, not 4

4. Its anyone, not any1

if people were this serious about language in school, there would'nt be so many illiterates.

whats the point wasting your time on it on the internet where it doesnt matter?

Lol, the apostrophie is wouldn't is supposed to go after the n, not before it. And it's good to write in the right tense because then poeple will know what you are trying to say. Oh, and you just missed an apostrophie again...can you spot where you missed it?

Sorry poeple, I thinks it's starting to get a little off topic.....

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

d21lewis said:
Doobie_wop said:

Uncharted 2 is a better shooter than Gears of War 2. Gears of War 1 was a better shooter than Uncharted 1. I'm confident in saying that Uncharted 3 will be a better shooter than Gears 3. Judging by the gameplay trailers, Gears 3 seems to be more Gears, which got boring towards the end of my second playthrough of Gears 2. Unless they can dramatically tighten up the gameplay, not make every enemy soak up as much bullets as an enemy from Uncharted 1 and actually add some versatility to the gameplay, then I'm confident in my statement. 

The way Drake manouvers between cover, runs, uses melee, uses stealth, uses platforming and uses the weapons, is near perfection as third person shooter. I played through it the first time by using a mixture of platforming, stealth and standard shooting, the second time I stried to strictly stick to using stealth and platforming and the third time I just went insane and used grenades, launchers and machine guns like a crazy person, without worrying about the loss of ammunition. All three times was fun and all three brought different challenges.

Gears 2 is awesome, but I felt like it's way to similar to Gears 1, which was amazing for a game made in 2006. The running, while looking cool, isn't useful at all. The cover mechanics are clumsy, the characters (their size is probably the reason) are too slow in their movement, the melee is repititive, the shooting is pretty good and the enemies soak up way too much damage without trying to out smart you. 

I'll be buying Gears of War 3 at release, but unless it fixes up the character dialogue, updates the cover and shooter mechanic, makes the story somewhat interesting and makes it look as good as Uncharted 2 (both in terms of art and technical prowess), then it will not be close to being my Game of the Year. That battle will be fought between Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Yakuza 4, Infamous 2 and the inevitable Alan wake 2.

Science would tell you that someone's head can only explode once.  After that, they would be headless with no head left to explode.  I'm here to tell you that science is stupid.  My head exploded at least five times while reading that post.  I'm typing this reply withot a head (that's why I just mispelled "without", btw), eyes, or lips.

I don't think anything I said was wrong. Gears 2 was a linear shooter that got me to unload nearly a whole clip into big bad guys using guns that were fairly similar to each other, then the cover mechanics and movements were slow and the melee combat was repititive. In comparison, Uncharted 2 was also a linear shooter that was fluid in it's movement and intereactions with the environment, the melee didn't get repititive, I didn't have to unload a whole clip into an enemy to kill him, the stealth mechanics changed the pacing to the gameplay and the platforming allowed me to move and shoot between areas as I felt fit. Gears 2 feels old now, it's gameplay, presentation and action scenes have been outclassed by other games like Vanquish and Uncharted 2. I really liked Gears 2, but I liked the first Gears more because of how fresh and new it was at the time and I don't think just 'more Gears' will satisfy me enough for the third game.

Problem officer?

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
d21lewis said:
chris.m95 said:

1. Its because, not caus

2. Its you, not u

3. Its for, not 4

4. Its anyone, not any1

No, I am not an english teacher and I never will be.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
d21lewis said:
chris.m95 said:

No need to apologize for me.  I'm un-offendable!  And I prefer Gears, anyway. 

Kool just thought id make it known i was sorry for what i said

PSN addy - mrx95

Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
chris.m95 said:
d21lewis said:
chris.m95 said:

1. Its because, not caus

2. Its you, not u

3. Its for, not 4

4. Its anyone, not any1

No, I am not an english teacher and I never will be.

Good!

PSN addy - mrx95

Doobie_wop said:
d21lewis said:
Doobie_wop said:

Uncharted 2 is a better shooter than Gears of War 2. Gears of War 1 was a better shooter than Uncharted 1. I'm confident in saying that Uncharted 3 will be a better shooter than Gears 3. Judging by the gameplay trailers, Gears 3 seems to be more Gears, which got boring towards the end of my second playthrough of Gears 2. Unless they can dramatically tighten up the gameplay, not make every enemy soak up as much bullets as an enemy from Uncharted 1 and actually add some versatility to the gameplay, then I'm confident in my statement. 

The way Drake manouvers between cover, runs, uses melee, uses stealth, uses platforming and uses the weapons, is near perfection as third person shooter. I played through it the first time by using a mixture of platforming, stealth and standard shooting, the second time I stried to strictly stick to using stealth and platforming and the third time I just went insane and used grenades, launchers and machine guns like a crazy person, without worrying about the loss of ammunition. All three times was fun and all three brought different challenges.

Gears 2 is awesome, but I felt like it's way to similar to Gears 1, which was amazing for a game made in 2006. The running, while looking cool, isn't useful at all. The cover mechanics are clumsy, the characters (their size is probably the reason) are too slow in their movement, the melee is repititive, the shooting is pretty good and the enemies soak up way too much damage without trying to out smart you. 

I'll be buying Gears of War 3 at release, but unless it fixes up the character dialogue, updates the cover and shooter mechanic, makes the story somewhat interesting and makes it look as good as Uncharted 2 (both in terms of art and technical prowess), then it will not be close to being my Game of the Year. That battle will be fought between Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Yakuza 4, Infamous 2 and the inevitable Alan wake 2.

Science would tell you that someone's head can only explode once.  After that, they would be headless with no head left to explode.  I'm here to tell you that science is stupid.  My head exploded at least five times while reading that post.  I'm typing this reply withot a head (that's why I just mispelled "without", btw), eyes, or lips.

I don't think anything I said was wrong. Gears 2 was a linear shooter that got me to unload nearly a whole clip into big bad guys using guns that were fairly similar to each other, then the cover mechanics and movements were slow and the melee combat was repititive. In comparison, Uncharted 2 was also a linear shooter that was fluid in it's movement and intereactions with the environment, the melee didn't get repititive, I didn't have to unload a whole clip into an enemy to kill him, the stealth mechanics changed the pacing to the gameplay and the platforming allowed me to move and shoot between areas as I felt fit. Gears 2 feels old now, it's gameplay, presentation and action scenes have been outclassed by other games like Vanquish and Uncharted 2. I really liked Gears 2, but I liked the first Gears more because of how fresh and new it was at the time and I don't think just 'more Gears' will satisfy me enough for the third game.

Problem officer?

I should have been on the road going to get my car serviced 30 minutes ago but I can't log off!  I'll be back later to write your citation!!

*logs off*

Doobie_wop said:
d21lewis said:
Doobie_wop said:

Problem officer?

No offense, but as someone who plays this game every night, I have no idea what you're talking about.

What guns are similar to each other?

Movement is supposed to be slow. As much as people would like to dash around like a mad man, that's not what the game is about.

How is the melee repetitive?

I've played Vanquish. It's not my cup of tea. Quit preaching your opinions on other games as if they were facts.

I'm particularly baffled at the similar weapons comment. The only weapons that are similar are the lancer and hammerburst and that's just because they fire automatic rounds.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Difficult choice... but I'll go for Gears 3, only by a few pixels...

Uncharted series looks great... but it lacks the "WAOUWW" effect of the Gears (Blood explosions, incredible texture quality...).

GOW3 shall be probably more spectacular...but I'll get both anyway.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.