By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter Blasts Take-Two

Wow, Patcher went ape on Take-Two.

Expect more Wii support from TT. Or expect them to go under soon after GTA4 is released.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

14 (11 below 250,000)- PSP
3 (3 below 250,000)- DS

Well that's all about to change, they just announced Carnival Games DS. =P

TheBigFatJ said:
jhlennon1 said:
I think the Wii need to realize that even with their great sales the best games are not going to be on the Wii unless they are published by Nintendo.

What exactly are you saying -- are you saying that the best third party games will skip the Wii for some reason, regardless of its sales? That doesn't reflect reality, and going forward I think you'll find the opposite is true.

Actually I think he's saying it's impossible to make a "big game" on the Wii because of how limited it is technically unless it's made by someone that works exclusivly on the wii... or otherwise works really REALLY half ass on the 360 and PS3. Atleast that's what i'd guess. I think there is a good chance of that... it depends on in the shovelware sells or not. Though I think it's the opposite of what most people think. I think if the shovelware doesn't sell then they will put honest attempts on the Wii as the few that are already making honest attempts will be flourishing. While if the more "shovelware" type games DO sell they'll just keep making cash in games while taking the occasionally big swing on the 360 or PS3 in hopes of getting one of those "Franchise" games that you can use to build your "Rep". A lot of execs suck at change. That's why companies like Take 2 end up in financial trouble. That and the execs can often be far too risk taking because they know if they fail they likely can get a job elsewhere, as once your in as a CEO it's hard to get drubbed out of the buisness all together... and even if you do you can get a job as an analyst or some other cake job.

TheBigFatJ said:
jhlennon1 said:
I think the Wii need to realize that even with their great sales the best games are not going to be on the Wii unless they are published by Nintendo.

What exactly are you saying -- are you saying that the best third party games will skip the Wii for some reason, regardless of its sales?  That doesn't reflect reality, and going forward I think you'll find the opposite is true.

I think he's saying 3rd parties will pass on Wii because they're afraid to compete with Nintendo games.

Which would make more sense if Nintendo was publishing Grand Theft Mario Kart and Koopashock. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I'm also surprised to find myself agreeing with Pachter. Take-Two is expecting to get more money on GTA4 than with Vice City or San Andreas, despite releasing on vastly smaller install bases? That sounds like something Pachter would normally say.

TT will definitely be sorely disappointed, especially since GTA4 is getting released on the HD consoles, way out of the price range of the casual hordes that bought the last few parts.

Around the Network

I agree-

A casual gamer is not going to drop 450+ dollars to play one game.... if he wants to play it bad enough he will find a friend and freeload off him until he has had his fill of the game.

dajeff said:
I agree-

A casual gamer is not going to drop 450+ dollars to play one game.... if he wants to play it bad enough he will find a friend and freeload off him until he has had his fill of the game.

Awesome point, I did that last generation when I really wanted to play Grand Theft Auto 3. I went over one of my friends house and played his PS2 just for that game. Then the following years I then purchased a PS2 because I saw so much software..

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
Played_Out said:
need money? prostitution

They tried that... that is basically the reason GTA sells.

superchunk said:
solution....port GTA4 to Wii.

But that's laughable.  Kind of like its laughable that Take Two can't make a decent profit even when they over 2million copies of Bioshock I guess.

Fuck it! I don't wanna agree with that horrible man.

Btw. How much M$ paid for the new(?) exclusive content? Looks like TT really went to prostitution.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.