By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 2/7 ~ 2/13

M.U.G.E.N said:
morenoingrato said:

Nooooooooooo so my prediction of never ever PSP>>>>>>DS WW may not be true....

and BTW, it's not shortages duh! it's a new bundle

it was shortages too. Sony officials even made an official statement on it.

yeah, but you truly believe that because there were shortages a few weeks before and they replenish stock the sales rise to over 100k? and MHP3 who convenintly was in the bundle spikes?

It's 10k of shortages replenish and rest k of bundle boost

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
morenoingrato said:

yeah, but you truly believe that because there were shortages a few weeks before and they replenish stock the sales rise to over 100k? and MHP3 who convenintly was in the bundle spikes?

yeah, and they, very smartly I may add, launched 2-3 MH bundles which drives SW sales too.

where do you find this 10k figure from? PSP had severe shortages in Japan. Media had many articles on it. We had members on gaf and even here Iirc saying it was true. So no, it was definitely more than a mere 10k.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
morenoingrato said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
morenoingrato said:

yeah, and they, very smartly I may add, launched 2-3 MH bundles which drives SW sales too.

where do you find this 10k figure from? PSP had severe shortages in Japan. Media had many articles on it. We had members on gaf and even here Iirc saying it was true. So no, it was definitely more than a mere 10k.

It's post holiday, and shortages have been gradually replenished, and even if they just suddenly had a lot of supplies, I doubt Japan people would go crazy about them.

It was the new bundle, you know japan people just go crazy for the lastest color, without bundle, I can assure you it wouldn't have had such a huge boost.

morenoingrato said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
morenoingrato said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
morenoingrato said:

It's post holiday, and shortages have been gradually replenished, and even if they just suddenly had a lot of supplies, I doubt Japan people would go crazy about them.

It was the new bundle, you know japan people just go crazy for the lastest color, without bundle, I can assure you it wouldn't have had such a huge boost.

iirc that statement from SOny came up last week, so the problem was there even last week. Let's just agree to disagree on the matter.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Boutros said:
outlawauron said:
Boutros said:
Bruno Muñoz said:
Boutros said:
Bruno Muñoz said:
Boutros said:

First week:

Samurai Warriors 3 (Wii) - 121,948

Samurai Warriors 3 Z (PS3 port) - 208,548

lawl

Koei woke up very late this gen.

What?

Dynasty Warriors 6, Hokuto Musou, Musou Orochi Z, Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires or Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce.

Exactly.

All these games are bad.

Dynasty Warriors 7 is where it's at.

Sorry, I misunderstood your message, I thought you were talking about Koei being late supporting PS3, the platform where the fanbase for these kind of games is.

Nah I was talking about quality.

Dynasty Warriors 7, based on the previews so far, is looking mighty nice and Koei are really trying to make it good this time. They want it to be "the best Dynasty Warriors".

It will probably be their first good game this gen lol

Nonsense. Someone hasn't played the fantastic DW: Gundam games!

It's true I haven't!

I personally like their games this gen (well the ones I've played) but they aren't quite on the same level as Dynasty Warriors 2 or 4.

I hated 4 due to the absolutely stupid inclusion of officer duels (they really irritated me something irrational), plus DW3 had the absolutely sick Death Weapon for Cao Cao that would bitch slap everyone and rape peons like no tomorrow (Man I miss my super Cao Cao). DW3 was my favourite in the series and coming into this gen, DW6 was a massive dissapointment, there was so many thing wrong with it that I can sit here and rant about it for days.

Yet despite this I played the game to death, unlocked every character, finish every story mode, got my red hair, maxed out just about evey fucker in the game and spend 50 freakin hours farming for my Wind weapons.

I will say that I love the whip weapon in DW6 though, I hope they include at least 1 character in 7 that has a whip, they were totally awesome.

Around the Network

Am I the only one surprised at how consistently PS3 is selling in Japan? For a non-leading console in it's 5th year it's showing remarkably good legs, especially for a market as fickle as Japan. Everyone is saying home consoles are dying over there but PS3 seems to be bucking that trend pretty effectively. With a price cut and some major SW like Ninokuni and FFXIII-2 it will probably end the year up YOY and maybe even have its best year ever.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:

Am I the only one surprised at how consistently PS3 is selling in Japan? For a non-leading console in it's 5th year it's showing remarkably good legs, especially for a market as fickle as Japan. Everyone is saying home consoles are dying over there but PS3 seems to be bucking that trend pretty effectively. With a price cut and some major SW like Ninokuni and FFXIII-2 it will probably end the year up YOY and maybe even have its best year ever.

PS3 is about to start having a constant stream of big/semi big games.

Starts this week with Catherine and Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Next week comes Disgaea 4, Rune Factory Oceans and Killzone 3.
Then the next week it's Way of the Samurai 4.
Week after comes Dynasty Warriors 7.
Following week it has Yakuza: Of the End, Motorstorm 3 ans Dragon Age Origins: Awakening.
Following week comes Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 and Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou.
Proceeding week it has Dynasty Warriors Troy.

That's until the end of March.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
postofficebuddy said:

PS3 is about to start having a constant stream of big/semi big games.

Starts this week with Catherine and Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Next week comes Disgaea 4, Rune Factory Oceans and Killzone 3.
Then the next week it's Way of the Samurai 4.
Week after comes Dynasty Warriors 7.
Following week it has Yakuza: Of the End, Motorstorm 3 ans Dragon Age Origins: Awakening.
Following week comes Pro Baseball Spirits 2011 and Suzumiya Haruhi no Tsuisou.
Proceeding week it has Dynasty Warriors Troy.

That's until the end of March.

PS3 over 30k confirmed?

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

postofficebuddy said:

Software sales are still relatively shit though.  It's hardware is tracking ahead of Wii pretty consistently now (and DS too even), but it still somehow sells dramatically less software than anything but 360... definitely not what I'd call "healthy".

OMFG PSP!!!! this is...oh man i found no words...

Monster Hunter on the 11th week selling nearly 100.000 is just mindblowing!!

but one question...LBP2?i mean on PSP?what the fukk is that?where is the console version?