By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS - Game coins details

noname2200 said:
KylieDog said:

Yeah well the likehood of getting mugged means that is a stupid idea someone at Nintendo had, especially in the case on kids and young teens. 

....Really?

I know right..... This guy just somehow has to find a way to discredit everything about this device. I really don't understand him. If you say something bad about what he thinks is good and flawless, like the AI in RE, he retorts in full force saying how it is your fault and you just don't know how to use it. But when Nintendo makes actual inventive en clever use of there hardware or software he almost immediately thinks it's somehow stupid. When I imagine him I always see a really close minded guy, who above all is getting in the way of himself.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
puffy said:
KylieDog said:

The steps thing is so mundane they may as well just let you play the things for nothing.

Its not about walking around with your 3DS to gain coins but having the coins to persuade you to take the system with you. It helps get people to see the system in the wild and also helps with streetpass because the more people out with there 3DS the more interaction that can occur.

This then makes people want to take their system out more often amd thus the circle continues and Nintendo profits. It's actually quite ingenious.

Yeah well the likehood of getting mugged means that is a stupid idea someone at Nintendo had, especially in the case on kids and young teens. 

I'm just wondering how that's any different for anything that anyone would likely have on them. If I get mugged I'm likely to lose my wallet (so my money and any and all credit/debit cards, ID, etc), my watch, and anything electronic including my phone or whatever else I'm carrying. So saying that this is a stupid idea because someone might get mugged would be no different to saying it's a stupid idea to carry money because you might get mugged. But then how am I going to pay for anything?

Hell, lets just stay inside on the off chance there's a mugger lurking in every bush...

VGChartz

KylieDog said:
SleepWaking said:
noname2200 said:
KylieDog said:

....Really?

I know right..... This guy just somehow has to find a way to discredit everything about this device. I really don't understand him. If you say something bad about what he thinks is good and flawless, like the AI in RE, he retorts in full force saying how it is your fault and you just don't know how to use it. But when Nintendo makes actual inventive en clever use of there hardware or software he almost immediately thinks it's somehow stupid. When I imagine him I always see a really close minded guy, who above all is getting in the way of himself.

I'm a realist, I don't live in some hippy dreamworld like some people like to pretend exists.  Many people don't know how to use RE5 partner AI well either, spotting BS claims that will never happen instanty flags this.

Being a realist doesn't entice seeking for flaws in a products company, being a realist doesn't entice looking over faults of the franchises you love.

I think you might really think you are a realist but seriously just look at the post you made in 3DS threads and compare them with the posts you made in NGP threads. Because if your posts are speaking the truth, than the 3DS must be utter shit and vice versa for the NGP.

In reality I don't even believe you think that (but maybe you do, you never know). You can't have only hate for one product and only praise for the other. I mean you literately posted that not being able to play your old PSP games on the NGP wasn't a real issue and people should stop whine about it (posting from memory here, I could be wrong). In this thread you make up some idiotique reason about it being bad to take your 3DS where ever you go because you could get mugged.

KylieDog said:
milkyjoe said:

I'm just wondering how that's any different for anything that anyone would likely have on them. If I get mugged I'm likely to lose my wallet (so my money and any and all credit/debit cards, ID, etc), my watch, and anything electronic including my phone or whatever else I'm carrying. So saying that this is a stupid idea because someone might get mugged would be no different to saying it's a stupid idea to carry money because you might get mugged. But then how am I going to pay for anything?

Hell, lets just stay inside on the off chance there's a mugger lurking in every bush...

Children do not carry wallets and are rarely the targets for muggings unless carrying something valuble (which they usually do not).

OK, let me get this straight.  This feature, which is designed to operate while the clam shell is closed and most likely in your pocket while you walk, is going to attract more muggings than usual?  As in it will generate more muggings than kids being in public and openly using their 3DS as a games machine...just like the Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, Game Gear, Nomad, PSP, DS, portable phone, etc...?

Do I have that right?  A feature used while the system is stored away will create an increase in muggings over the standard out in open use of the system...or any other portable system ever?

Kylie, just stop with the passive aggressive swings at Nintendo.  They are really getting old and blatantly obvious.  And your credibility as a veteran poster here drops every single time you utter one.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

If you live in a neighbourhood where your children are at significant risk of being mugged for a relatively inexpensive gaming system you should really move ...

Around the Network

soooooo a digital item in a small gaming device is going to motivate more people to mug kids.....wha?

TX109 said:

soooooo a digital item in a small gaming device is going to motivate more people to mug kids.....wha?

No. The small gaming device itself is rather expensive and thus it might motivate people to steal it.

Thank god I don't have problems like that here in Japan.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

milkyjoe said:
KylieDog said:
puffy said:
KylieDog said:

The steps thing is so mundane they may as well just let you play the things for nothing.

Its not about walking around with your 3DS to gain coins but having the coins to persuade you to take the system with you. It helps get people to see the system in the wild and also helps with streetpass because the more people out with there 3DS the more interaction that can occur.

This then makes people want to take their system out more often amd thus the circle continues and Nintendo profits. It's actually quite ingenious.

You just have to avoid walking in the tall grass right? :D

Once again Nintendo is employing a clever feature to help spread word of mouth about their newest system. Seriously, the coin system plus the streetpass system is an igenious way to keep systems on their users while also spreading word of mouth. Nintendo gets more system use and free advertising all for the price of games they would give out for free anyways. Nice one Big N!

manuel said:
TX109 said:

No. The small gaming device itself is rather expensive and thus it might motivate people to steal it.

Thank god I don't have problems like that here in Japan.

fair enough. but i do beleive KylieDog's argument was that the coins (not the system itself) would motivate people to steal the system from small kids.

If that's the argument, that's stupid. (There's no other way to put it...)

But I'm pretty sure you misunderstood him. As I understand it he says that this system motivates people to take their 3DSs with them all the time. And if they do so, they might get mugged, because the item is rather expensive.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/