By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts - Week 6

darthdevidem01 said:

Disappointed in LBP2. It deserves so much more.

It's doing perfectly fine, similar to the original, and, in all reality, what did you expect?

The UK is a pretty small market in the grand scheme of things, so I think we need to take this result with a pinch of salt...

OT: It amazes me how well Nintendo games do Second week- Look at the two Mario games for example O.o

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

GoldenEye and Epic Mickey was beaten by Other M in Ireland this week.

Not sure if this is a good thing...

All three games are great and deserve to be multi-million sellers. Two of them probably will...

Conegamer said:
forest-spirit said:

GoldenEye and Epic Mickey was beaten by Other M in Ireland this week.

Not sure if this is a good thing...

All three games are great and deserve to be multi-million sellers. Two of them probably will...

I was just happy to see Other M chart somewhere. I hope it was Other M that sold well and not Epic Mickey and GoldenEye that sold bad though...

Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:

It's doing perfectly fine, similar to the original, and, in all reality, what did you expect?

The UK is a pretty small market in the grand scheme of things, so I think we need to take this result with a pinch of salt...

OT: It amazes me how well Nintendo games do Second week- Look at the two Mario games for example O.o

Much better sales.

I would be fine with the drops if LBP2 ya know actually launched higher than LBP1, but it didn't even do that, it basically launched identical to LBP1 (95 copies short in reality, but 95 copies is like lolzy nothing).

A sequel to a game that sold well in UK, that was advertised well not even doing a better 1st week (and then showing idenitcal if not worse drops)...I am surprised more people aren't disappointed in the sales, its well enough to say legs legs legs...but this game isn't being launched in the holidays and we can't ascertain legs are there till about the 10th week.

So yes LBP2 sales are disappointing for me right now, will it show better legs than LBP1? who knows. It will have to though to sell more than LBP1 in UK.

Worldwide the situation is slightly better, but outselling LBP1 isn't a certainty yet.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kowenicki said:

UK : Proper Week 6

Thats quite a largish drop for LBP2

You think? First 2 drops have been ~53% and ~45%, so a 36% drop this time round (world wide) would actually be right in line with expectations. Following week should be a drop in the high 20%s and continuing to flatten out from there. I'm hoping LBP will stablilise out to about 30K weekly until it gets a price cut.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Conegamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:

LOL... what!?

Actually... yeah I guess you are right.  Its only the 3rd biggest discrete market on the planet and by far the biggest market in Europe and only America will see bigger sales for LBP2... so yeah... insignificant for LBP2 sales and not at all representative.

Another terrible post from you.

...I mean in the grand scheme of things. 

If a game doesn't perform well in the UK it's not the be-all end-all like if it is in Japan or America

Sure, it's big. But the UK doesn't reflect the entire world (Epic Mickey, Goldeneye etc.)

I'm not meaning to say it's a small market, but that in the past it hasn't always been an accurate representation of the rest of the world.

Latest Denmark Software Charts

TOP 20 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), WEEK ENDING 12 February 2011

LW

TW     Title Developer Label Publisher
2 1     FIFA 11 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
1 2     CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS TREYARCH ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- 3     TEST DRIVE UNLIMITED 2 EDEN STUDIOS ATARI NAMCO BANDAI GAMES
8 4     THE SIMS 3: OUTDOOR LIVING STUFF THE SIMS STUDIO EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
6 5     JUST DANCE 2 UBISOFT (FRANCE) UBISOFT UBISOFT
3 6     DEAD SPACE 2 VISCERAL GAMES EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
7 7     THE SIMS 3 THE SIMS STUDIO EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
5 8     NEED FOR SPEED: HOT PURSUIT CRITERION GAMES EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
17 9     MADDEN NFL 11 EA TIBURON EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
11 10     WORLD OF WARCRAFT: CATACLYSM BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT BLIZZARD ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
10 11     GRAN TURISMO 5 POLYPHONY DIGITAL SONY COMPUTER ENT. NORDISK FILM
13 12     NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
12 13     LITTLEBIGPLANET 2 MEDIA MOLECULE SONY COMPUTER ENT. NORDISK FILM
9 14     ASSASSIN'S CREED: BROTHERHOOD UBISOFT (MONTREAL) UBISOFT UBISOFT
15 15     COUNTER-STRIKE: SOURCE VALVE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
14 16     NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
18 17     CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2 INFINITY WARD ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
- 18     GRAND THEFT AUTO IV: COMPLETE EDITION ROCKSTAR NORTH ROCKSTAR NORDIC GAME SUPPLY
19 19     THE SIMS 3: LATE NIGHT THE SIMS STUDIO EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
16 20     MEDAL OF HONOR DANGER CLOSE/DICE EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS

kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
binary solo said:
kowenicki said:

UK : Proper Week 6

Thats quite a largish drop for LBP2

You think? First 2 drops have been ~53% and ~45%, so a 36% drop this time round (world wide) would actually be right in line with expectations. Following week should be a drop in the high 20%s and continuing to flatten out from there. I'm hoping LBP will stablilise out to about 30K weekly until it gets a price cut.

This is what I meant by the game can't catch a break. Like you, I analyzed the situation and LBP2 currently is doing well. It's above LBP1 levels WW without Japan's input whatsoever.

until next week... after which point it will fall  behind quite quickly and by some margin.  

Not about giving anything a "break" its merely an observation of an obvious fact.  I mentioned that this was in large part due to release timings so I'm not sure what the problem is.  

The point is it's not really a "largish drop", it's a typical week 4 drop. So the implication (albeit perhaps not the intent) was that a negative value judgement was being placed on the quality of LBP2 sales. You've clarified that you aren't making a value judgement, so all is right with the world.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I like the Netherlands and their love for DKCR

Has Inazuma Eleven already been released? If not, what is the release date?