By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter on the 3DS

I don't see why it wouldn't be a multiplatform game. Monster Hunter 3 was (well the PSP version is lacking the water levels but added more items). Clearly Capcom has no objection to spreading Monster Hunter out, and it's sort of silly to make exclusives these days, especially when you have two handheld devices capable of running the same engine. Capcom already stated they're using MT Mobile framework for both 3DS and NGP. 

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
Galaki said:
zgamer5 said:

lol at monster hunter being perfect for the 3ds. its not. monster hunter focuses on lan, and the ngp has very good lan capabilities with psn and 3g. also dual sticks>circle pad.

No shit, man. Nintendo should get their asses together and add wires to their systems or they are getting no MH.

am i saying that the ngp is going to get mh? no im not, but when it comes to hardware ngp would suit mh better.

also i want mh on ngp because i want to play it, i dont care about sales in japan. ahh the irony.

The 3DS has very similar wireless LAN functionality to the NGP. Things like sleep mode tagging were obviously announced for the 3DS long before the NGP, and new functionality like alerts when you're within LAN range of someone else playing the same game would be very beneficial to Monster Hunter.

naznatips said:
zgamer5 said:
Galaki said:
zgamer5 said:

lol at monster hunter being perfect for the 3ds. its not. monster hunter focuses on lan, and the ngp has very good lan capabilities with psn and 3g. also dual sticks>circle pad.

No shit, man. Nintendo should get their asses together and add wires to their systems or they are getting no MH.

am i saying that the ngp is going to get mh? no im not, but when it comes to hardware ngp would suit mh better.

also i want mh on ngp because i want to play it, i dont care about sales in japan. ahh the irony.

The 3DS has very similar wireless LAN functionality to the NGP. Things like sleep mode tagging were obviously announced for the 3DS long before the NGP, and new functionality like alerts when you're within LAN range of someone else playing the same game would be very beneficial to Monster Hunter.

yes and ngp has 3g and dual analogs.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

The only reason that Monster Hunter was never made for the DS was because it didn't have the power, which is obviosly not the case for the 3DS.

yeah this current handheld gen the balance of power was PSP >>> DS...and next gen it will be the same powerwise NGP >>> 3DS so why not picking the more powerful system again?

I'd love to have it on the 3DS, after falling in love with Tri!

People saying that it has a poor control scheme have clearly never played the game with a CCPro, as it should be played, or not at all. It feels perfect, much better than on the PSP. And the online functionality is what gives it the edge for me...

People saying it should be on the PS3 have clearly forgotten that Tri was originally a PS3 game, but was ported to Wii due to high dev costs. Why would they go back now after many successful games?

People saying that the Wii game failed clearly have forgotten that forecasts for the west were 500k LT. Right now it's at around 750k, with many rumours of under-tracking (for example, the site suggests that nearly a third of Tri sales in EMEAA come from Germany, something I find hard to believe...). Something selling 50% higher than expectations with 2-3 months to go is a success in my books

(For more info, the original on PS2 sold 280k and 630k respectively, so Tri has blitzed those sales!)

So yeah, hopefully it'll be on the 3DS, but, who knows?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

I don't see why it wouldn't be a multiplatform game. Monster Hunter 3 was (well the PSP version is lacking the water levels but added more items).

I was always under the impression that they were two completely different games set in the same area...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

TT Makaveli said:
The only reason that Monster Hunter was never made for the DS was because it didn't have the power, which is obviosly not the case for the 3DS.

yeah this current handheld gen the balance of power was PSP >>> DS...and next gen it will be the same powerwise NGP >>> 3DS so why not picking the more powerful system again?

Because on DS a game like MH was tecnically impossible to make... it wasn't just a question of looks, it's possible that they'll pick both systems.

Roma said:
psrock said:
Khuutra said:
psrock said:

The 3DS has so many games coming to it, almost crazy amount. But MH is still wanted for some reason. You want MH, buy a PSP. 

Now slow down this cherry train right here.

When did it become taboo to speculate or wish for third-party series transitions occurring in the next generation, and how does the current state of things somehow detract from that same speculation or wishing?

That's the thing it's a wish,  a fair one, but I question the reason people want it on the 3ds. It's the biggset PSP franchise anywhere. It  was just shown playing on the NGP, it just sold 4 million copies in a month. Capcom is not that stupid.

How would you know it wouldn’t sell more on 3DS?  Wii monster hunter sold better than it did on the PS2

The reason I want it though is that I want to see monsters in 3D. It will add to the game play as now you can actually see the distance between you and the monster which will make it easier to hit them with a sword for instance.

If only I had a penny everytime this was brought up. Monster Hunter was not so popular back then. Its success on the psp helped the wii sales tremendously.

MONSTER HUNTER TRI was my first monster hunter game

i did really enjoy it, but in the same sense it did bring a revolation to my eyes.  I think pokemon and monster hunter games are idea for handheld games instead of home console games.

that is UNLESS they become huge MMO's.  but as they are currently I find them better suited as handhelds.  And in that sense if monster hunter tri-D came out for 3DS, i would probably buy it even though i already own Wii version. 

can people STOP bringing up 3G as a reason why some game should go somewhere like you can play a game using 3G.

you will not be playing any game using 3G, it is TOOOO slow.