By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter on the 3DS

irstupid said:

can people STOP bringing up 3G as a reason why some game should go somewhere like you can play a game using 3G.

you will not be playing any game using 3G, it is TOOOO slow.

Hopefully not anyway

It is a good point though, wireless connections on handhels have been tempromental at the best of times...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
irstupid said:

can people STOP bringing up 3G as a reason why some game should go somewhere like you can play a game using 3G.

you will not be playing any game using 3G, it is TOOOO slow.

Hopefully not anyway

It is a good point though, wireless connections on handhels have been tempromental at the best of times...

using wifi isn't so bad, but 3G for gaming is just a joke.  the 3G in the psp2 is for all things NON-gaming related.

it will be used for downloading updates, downloading games, web surfing, seeing friends on and what games playing, chatting, ect. 

You will NOT jump into a COD or MH online game and start gaming it up multiplayer style.  Not going to happen.  Not with 3G.  You will need to find a wifi network to jump on.

zgamer5 said:
naznatips said:
zgamer5 said:
Galaki said:
zgamer5 said:

lol at monster hunter being perfect for the 3ds. its not. monster hunter focuses on lan, and the ngp has very good lan capabilities with psn and 3g. also dual sticks>circle pad.

No shit, man. Nintendo should get their asses together and add wires to their systems or they are getting no MH.

am i saying that the ngp is going to get mh? no im not, but when it comes to hardware ngp would suit mh better.

also i want mh on ngp because i want to play it, i dont care about sales in japan. ahh the irony.

The 3DS has very similar wireless LAN functionality to the NGP. Things like sleep mode tagging were obviously announced for the 3DS long before the NGP, and new functionality like alerts when you're within LAN range of someone else playing the same game would be very beneficial to Monster Hunter.

yes and ngp has 3g and dual analogs.

You do know that you won't be able to play games online over 3G? The 3G service will be more for downloading content, browsing online and messaging friends. Playing a game over 3G will make it impossible to play because of the sheer amount of lag it will cause.

Also the 3DS's touch screen can serve as a second analogue stick because now the touch screen can recognise the entire finger tip where as on the previous models of the DS the touchscreen could only recognise pointy objects such as styluses and finger nails.

If Capcom is smart, they'd make cross platform local play via wifi possible for NGP and 3DS together, not like it'd be hard to do.

Conegamer said:
naznatips said:

I don't see why it wouldn't be a multiplatform game. Monster Hunter 3 was (well the PSP version is lacking the water levels but added more items).

I was always under the impression that they were two completely different games set in the same area...

So they claimed, but it has most of the same fields as the Wii game. They did add new ones though, to replace the water ones, as well as a new poster monster, so I guess you could call it a different game, but clearly it's heavily based on MH3. 

Around the Network

People that have never played games in 3D shouldn't "lol" at the better distance calculations argument. 3D really helps.

Monster Hunter Tri was recommended to me by my brother (my friends enjoy other games *such as Valve games*!) and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Capcom made the right decision to introduce the series to Nintendo and should continue with this.

It would be nice to see, so long as it was properly online (Portable 3rd had proper online, right?). As a purely local experience, i would have less concern for it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
zgamer5 said:
naznatips said:
zgamer5 said:
Galaki said:
zgamer5 said:

lol at monster hunter being perfect for the 3ds. its not. monster hunter focuses on lan, and the ngp has very good lan capabilities with psn and 3g. also dual sticks>circle pad.

No shit, man. Nintendo should get their asses together and add wires to their systems or they are getting no MH.

am i saying that the ngp is going to get mh? no im not, but when it comes to hardware ngp would suit mh better.

also i want mh on ngp because i want to play it, i dont care about sales in japan. ahh the irony.

The 3DS has very similar wireless LAN functionality to the NGP. Things like sleep mode tagging were obviously announced for the 3DS long before the NGP, and new functionality like alerts when you're within LAN range of someone else playing the same game would be very beneficial to Monster Hunter.

yes and ngp has 3g and dual analogs.

You do know that you won't be able to play games online over 3G? The 3G service will be more for downloading content, browsing online and messaging friends. Playing a game over 3G will make it impossible to play because of the sheer amount of lag it will cause.

Also the 3DS's touch screen can serve as a second analogue stick because now the touch screen can recognise the entire finger tip where as on the previous models of the DS the touchscreen could only recognise pointy objects such as styluses and finger nails.

yes i know but from what ive heard at the playstation meeting some lan capabilities will come with 3g capabilities which tell you what people around you are playing. unless im wrong and it doesnt come because of 3g.

the second analog stick is to change the camera, im sure gamers will be happy whent their finger will always be on the downard touch screen making it useless.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

If Capcom annouced a MH game for the 3DS, I might buy a 3DS on day 1.