By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Future of Game sales - BBCNews

Found this whylst catching up on my news

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6523565.stm

Interesting forecast... what do you guys/girls think?

Btw my first post, so hello from me :p

Cheers

Around the Network

I think you just opened the floodgates to fanboy hell!

Interesting find. Thanks!

I don't think it'll happen like that...though I suppose it's possible.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Huh? So in software dollar terms (per year??), the Xbox outsold the PS2? Really? And all three last-gen consoles are now neck-to-neck? Or I am reading the graph wrong?

EDIT: Ok, I presume its the height of each colour, not the total height. Surely there isn't any chance of the PS3 outselling the 360 in dollar terms this Xmas? With a bigger install base & Halo 3 coming??

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

looks like a joke.

So it is basically stating that ps3 will dominate the market around 70% again, and that the wii will have around 8% of total sales this year. I'm a little doubtful.

ngg12345 said:

So it is basically stating that ps3 will dominate the market around 70% again, and that the wii will have around 8% of total sales this year. I'm a little doubtful.

The break-down at the 2008 mark appears to be roughly:

Total Software Sales = $13B

360  = $4B  (30.5%)
Wii   = $2B  (15.5%)
PS2 = $2B  (15.5%)
PS3 = $5B  (38.5%)

I still don't get that chart. But the article it's based on didn't seem to have any understanding of the current console race. They only mention the current consoles when talking about online, stating that the 360 has the best and Nintendo's suck (which is true). They don't even mention the Wii's features, or how the consoles are even doing. I think this article was written pre-E3 and sat on until a slow period.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
I still don't get that chart. But the article it's based on didn't seem to have any understanding of the current console race. They only mention the current consoles when talking about online, stating that the 360 has the best and Nintendo's suck (which is true). They don't even mention the Wii's features, or how the consoles are even doing. I think this article was written pre-E3 and sat on until a slow period.

I like the chart. That is what I've felt will happen. The PS3 will take off holiday 2007, and the Wii will falter, and with the PS3 taking off, the 360 will take a hit. That chart is what I think things will look like.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!