By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Demon's Souls is a Million Seller

Deserved a LOT more.

The game is so genial.

PARTY PARTY PARTY (Put your gifs here)

I nesse Demon's Souls 2 quickly... do that Sony.

Around the Network

Nice!!

I remember pre-ordering this game. It was one of the first game I pre-ordered and I knew I somehow took a risk by doing so as it received bad scores from Famitsu and there were no other reviews out there. I looked at a couple of videos and I knew I wanted to try this game. I bought the Deluxe Edition and I definitely didn't regret it.

Completely deserved, exceptional game.

I would have never guessed that it would cross this milestone back in '09.

Definitely one of my favorites this generation, and the game deserves every single copy sold.

Around the Network

YEEEEEES!!!!^^

Great sales for a niche title. New IP and no advertising! Best rpg this gen imo.

Congrats Atlus and From Software. I think I'll celebrate by finally going back and plating this bitch. I was working on it a few months ago but then I got distracted by my backlog.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Play Me

I've mentioned this in the past but we still don't have Asian data, which I think could account for about 50k since the Chinese version got a platinum hits rerelease.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Just throwing this out there and not being specific about any game in particular:  What's your take on a game that sells a million at full retail price compared to a game that reaches a million when it's sold at 1/2, 1/3, or even 1/6 of the msrp?  What about packed with a console?  How about as a free downloadable?

Is the main concern how many copies sell, how much money is made, or how many gamers enjoy it?  I guess this could be a standalone thread instead of a postt but I suffer from Lazyboy's Disease.