By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Left 4 Dead - Teaser- Best Zombie Game EVER!

The most fun will come from playing with friends. I don't know any more about the game than what has been shown to me...it could end up sucking. But I know these guys make good multiplayer games, and the best part of Left 4 Dead is the integration of the multiplayer features.

I say give it a shot while playing online, that's where the excitement and fun will be, and that's what makes it totally different from your average FPS.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Will this have co-op over xbox live? I checked the FAQ and didn't notice anything about it. I did see it can be up to 8 players but is that for multiplayer?

Yeah. 4 Survivors and 4 Boss zombies. The zombies are spawned whenever and wherever the AI director decides is best. Occasionally the Director will ask a player if they want to be a Tank zombie, and they can take it (duh, take it!) or pass the opportunity to another player zombie.

There's not much info about the 360 version, as only the PC version has been demoed at conventions and such so far. But it will be pretty much the same.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The problem is that playing as the survivors isn't for everyone and the only videos they have released are for the survivor side. As a survivor you are forced to work with your team and try to offset reloading so that you don't get swarmed. Its all about working as a single cohesive unit or you will die a horrible death. It is that cooperation aspect that makes the game interesting to me, you can't just be that one excellent FPS player and dominate the game because you have to reload eventually and when you do you will be overwhelmed and eaten alive...literally. Working with your team and calling out when you spot zombies, letting people know you are reloading, watching each other's backs etc.. are all things that really wrap you up into the role and immerse you into the game.

Now the zombie side seems like it will have more selection for the different play styles, particularly if the rumor that they are adding in more boss infected is true. The ability to climb just about anything, go smashing through walls to terrify the survivors as you pound them into the ground, rip someone off the street from the rooftops, and all of the other abilities the zombies have is what makes the game sound truly amazing and takes it to the next level for me.

For anyone who can't see what is so special about the game, please follow the links Ben provided to left4dead411.com and read their hands on information. If you read that and still don't see anything special then maybe there really isn't something for you here, but I think most people will find something that gets them at least a little hyped up.

To Each Man, Responsibility
BenKenobi88 said:
The most fun will come from playing with friends. I don't know any more about the game than what has been shown to me...it could end up sucking. But I know these guys make good multiplayer games, and the best part of Left 4 Dead is the integration of the multiplayer features.

I say give it a shot while playing online, that's where the excitement and fun will be, and that's what makes it totally different from your average FPS.

I understand BenKenobi88, I remember when Capcom made multiplayer Resident Evils for the PS2 that sucked real hard because Capcom didn't allow voice chat...As stated in a GameInformer : "It would ruin the horror experience". It was a new series called Resident Evil: Outbreak which would allow 4 player co-op throughout the story and your friends can turn into zombies and go along with the story, but the voice chat is what made the game fail on the PS2.

But with Left 4 Dead it does look amazing, I just see it as a Doom mixed with Resident Evil Outbreak and I had a bad taste with that. But hopefully Left 4 Dead can change that...

I am a PC Gamer by the way BenKenobi88 :P

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial
Around the Network

Yeah...I just think it's a mistake to consider Resident Evil as the only zombie game in town.

Also, yeah, Sqrl, I think the zombie side is the most interesting and fresh...but I'm really looking forward to the Survivor side the most...I think that'll be more fun with friends, as the Zombie side is a bit more solo-orientated. I know I'll love grabbing people with that Smoker tongue or bashing through walls as the Tank though hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM