By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Left 4 Dead - Teaser- Best Zombie Game EVER!

HD Version

I don't get how people can ignore the excellence that is this game! I would figure for most people being able to play as pimped out special zombies would be enough to peak interest!

For those who are interested but too lazy to check it out on your own here is another video explaining what the game is about:

HD - Version

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Ah man, thanks for making this thread. This game's gonna rock...anybody who enjoyed TF2 should pick up this game, as it's the next big offering coming from Valve, and the intense co-op gameplay will make for some amazing, intense games.

And even if you don't like zombies...well then...that actually may help, as you'll be terrified the whole time hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

It seems a bit fast-paced for me. I much prefer old-school Resident Evil style gameplay.  The zombies were much scarier in those days, imo.

I wish they would make a new RE game in the vein of 0-3, but with the controls of 4. It would be so awesome.

That looks insane!!! Im assuming that there is no offline? (ie. your friends can be AI controlled as well?). Unfortunately i'm in Australia and my internet (while ok by Aussie standards) doesn't have a hope of playing this game online.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I keep forgetting about this game. I really want to play it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
It seems a bit fast-paced for me. I much prefer old-school Resident Evil style gameplay. The zombies were much scarier in those days, imo.

I wish they would make a new RE game in the vein of 0-3, but with the controls of 4. It would be so awesome.

No worries, if it is too fast paced then you can just play as the Zombies, the hunter is a great choice since you can wait and ambush people etc...  There is something for everyone here, give it a chance!

PS - According to GT the game launches Feb 12th 2008, anyone have confirmation on that? 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Sqrl said:
makingmusic476 said:
It seems a bit fast-paced for me. I much prefer old-school Resident Evil style gameplay. The zombies were much scarier in those days, imo.

No worries, if it is too fast paced then you can just play as the Zombies, the hunter is a great choice since you can wait and ambush people etc... There is something for everyone here, give it a chance!

PS - According to GT the game launches Feb 12th 2008, anyone have confirmation on that?

Don't worry about that.  If there's a demo, I'll definitely be downloading it. :)

@Starcraft: yes, you can play with bots.

This game looks so incredibly sweet :)

I'm guessing mid-February for release...I wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed to later in spring though.

And yes, starcraft, you can play with AI-controlled friends. And they'll be good at playing, Turtle Rock, the makers, are good with AI. Hence the whole AI-controlled zombie Director.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

For anybody with any questions, check www.left4dead411.com

It's the number one fansite, and they have very thorough hands-on previews of the game. They give out as much detail as they can about the boss zombies, the communication system, health, AI, everything. Good stuff.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM