By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Left 4 Dead - Teaser- Best Zombie Game EVER!

I love flesh-eating zombies as much as the next man, but I am finding it hard to get excited about this game. Turtle Rock don't have any experience developing original IPs and these early gameplay vids make it look painfully generic. I know it's an early build but the graphics look pretty sucky too. What's supposed to be so good about it anyway?

Around the Network

Another zombie game....*sigh* looks pretty cool, but Resident Evil 5 is going to murder this game.

We can expect a PS3 version pretty much after the Xbox 360 and PC versions release.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial

Here's some gameplay videos to give you more of an idea of how it plays out:

Also, A) I wouldn't expect a PS3 version for quite some time after the PC and 360 release...it hasn't been mentioned at all.

B) RE5 will be a sweet game...but it's not multiplayer or co-op (as announced so far)...you can't be the zombies in RE5, you can't make your own maps in RE5...this is just a totally different game.

C) Turtle Rock is not alone...Valve is helping too. They did a lot of work with CounterStrike and they're totally qualified to make a good zombie game with good AI...and yes, the graphics aren't the best, but if it's as good as HL2:Ep2 or Ep1 even then I'm cool...I'd rather have dozens and dozens of zombies instead of 10 zombies and top-notch graphics. It'll generally be a dark game with flashlights...it's the atmosphere that matters, not how high-res everything is.

D) What's so good about it is: There really hasn't been many online co-op games...most of the multiplayer PC games are deathmatch or team-based multiplayer...and team-based is not the same as dependant co-op, because you can still venture out and be a bad-ass/prick...you can't do that here...your team needs you, which makes the whole game much more intense.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Is this game the commercial reincarnation of the CS zombie mod ?

Imho, it's not really genuine.

Genuine? It's the official answer to CS zombie mod. Lots of people took CS and played against zombies...Turtle Rock decided to make an actual Source zombie game...it's not a mutation of CS zombie mod though...this is all new stuff...it's hard to find similarities between the 2 games, other than you shoot zombies.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

@BenKenobi88

A) We can expect a PS3 version sometime down the road, I do understand its a Xbox 360/PC game, but we shouldn't count out a PS3 version.

B) I understand that it RE5 doesn't have multiplayer or co-op but no zombie game can top what Resident Evil has bought to gamers. But Left 4 Dead looks good for the multiplayer purposes and that is it. Graphics looks just like an average shooter, it reminds me of F.E.A.R. for the Xbox 360.

Edit: By the way, those videos were awesome, epsically the last one where about 8 zombies came running at the user.... 

Looks good for the multiplayer purposes? What other purpose is there?

Not everything is about graphics...even with PC games...sheesh.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Your title is misleading.  Truly, no zombie game can ever live up to Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Hehe, that's true...nothing can beat Zombies Ate My Neighbors...water guns for the win.

Anyway, I'm excited for Left 4 Dead, because the potential for good custom maps is there. You don't have to worry about balancing the zombie spawn points perfectly, because the AI spawns them for you.

One thing I'm curious about: The Hunter (or is it all Boss Zombies) can see an outline of the Survivors, and when looking at them, can see a white line indicating the path they're likely to travel...I wonder how that will work on custom maps? I guess it can figure it out...I think that's a cool feature though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

BenKenobi88 said:
Looks good for the multiplayer purposes? What other purpose is there?

Not everything is about graphics...even with PC games...sheesh.

Like I will add, its another Doom-like-zombie game too me.....