By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Confirmed: Guitar Hero killed, True Crime cancelled

Galaki said:

Odd. Nobody blamed WiiFitMusic?

Wii Music was great for the genre. It set the bottom quality level so low everything after that looked like a good game ;)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

It's becoming really clear that the music/rhythm games have lost the wide appeal that was still going on 2-3 years ago. Won't be missing GH, Rock Band already has real instruments to play with. True Crime...don't care.

So, Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, True Crime are gone. Spyro and Crash are not worth even mentioning, and I think they've given up on them too. Singularity, Wolfenstein and Blur flopped hard, putting them off new IP. Their crappy movie games don't sell too great, Transformers, Spiderman, Bond, Clash of Titans ... Tony Hawk sells like crap ..

All they have left is Call of Duty, Blizzard, Bungie game and Prototype .....

Can't believe Bobby said there are no decent indepenent studios out there except Bungie ... they're in NO position to talk about quality.

KungKras said:

I once saw my cousin, who never plays video games play Guitar Hero.

There were demoes at stores that was always full of people playing GH, even people not really into gaming were interrested in it.

Now, at my local gamestop there is a bargain bin full of cheaply priced plastic guitars, and noone talks about GH anymore.

Activision really outdid themselves in killing off an interresting social phenomenon.

Now I have an idea of how things were during the 1983 video game crash.

Ironically, Activision founders were Atari devs (and some investors) who got sick of Atari, mainly because all those corporate decisions that killed them in the process, like not paying the devs what they deserved (neither giving them recognition), doing cheap-fast games to seize the holiday season, milking everything they thought of... Now they are basically doing the same thing...

I'm so glad GH is gone. I never liked  it :(

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network
chapset said:

true crime canned means gta5 is near

Notorius.A.i.G said:

They should've seen this coming with all the milking they did.

Agreed!

Saw the Guitar Hero series being canned from a mile away... and they kept delaying True Crime and it didn't look great to begin with sooooo yeah figured something might be up with that title.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Ah for fuck sake, i was really really looking forward to True Crime 3 aswell.

Nightwish224 said:

I'm so glad GH is gone. I never liked  it :(

hmm.. I'll never understand these  comments - what kind of harm has the game done to you that you are "glad" it's gone ?